PDA

View Full Version : Menz Power Finish

Mike Burke
04-01-2012, 08:03 AM
When I use Menz Power Finish it always leaves a smearing , sticky, oily film on the the paint. I can't seam to wipe it off after polishing. On the other hand when I use Megs UC it wipes clean and easy.

Does anyone else have that happen with Menz PF 203

Thanks

rider9195
04-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Menzerna Power Finish uses DAT technology which means you must work the product longer to allow the abrasives to break down properly. It sounds like you aren't working the product enough. I think the UC uses SMAT. The abrasives don't break down in this product.

BobbyG
04-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Hi Mike,

Many of the products we use today are water-based. A little soap and water will dissolve the remaining oils and residue allowing it to flow harmlessly from the finish.

There are other products available here that appear to work well. CarPro Eraser has a decent following however A mixture of Isopropyl Alcohol and water also cleans the finish nicely....

How to Mix IPA for Inspecting Correction Results (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/31183-how-mix-ipa-inspecting-correction-results.html)

You may have used a bit too much product but no big deal....

Kaban
04-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Definitely work it longer and like Bobby mentioned, do an IPA wipe after you are done polishing to remove the excess and inspect the results. Use less polish too, if you are using too much, it will take forever to fully break it down and won't give you any advantage over using little polish. Basically, just wasting product and time.

Newdetailer1
04-01-2012, 12:59 PM
I agree with all of the above. Sometimes after I do corrections I'll just do a quick detailers mist to clean up leftover residue

poweraid
04-01-2012, 01:03 PM
power finish is my favorite . cuts good , finishes good . like a one stepper for me . I never had any problems with it . bobby g got me hooked on this .

Newdetailer1
04-01-2012, 01:07 PM
power finish is my favorite . cuts good , finishes good . like a one stepper for me . I never had any problems with it . bobby g got me hooked on this .

If it sealed at the same time it would be the perfect AIO!

poweraid
04-01-2012, 01:25 PM
If it sealed at the same time it would be the perfect AIO!

ah ! bad wording I used . but exactly . I just meant can cut pretty darn well and finish darn well also . on my vehicle I don't even use a aio . I prefer my dedicated products . on other family cars being that they don't really take care of it well enough a aio is plenty good for them .

Mike Burke
04-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Interesting....I won't give on it. Sounds like a little learning curve. I have read so many good things about it. I'm starting to get the point.....find a product you like and use it often...(Megs UC) for me.

Thanks for the suggestions.