PDA

View Full Version : drying car

Pages : [1] 2

trung09
04-01-2012, 02:39 AM
how do you guys dry your car?
i using take of nozzel on the hose and run it down my whole car so there be less water to dry then i use a micorfiber towel. but lets say a faster way?
i seen and heard ppl using a leaf blower to dry a car is it safe??????
lets say i do my usual car wash
and when i do that hose thing to run it off let say i used the lear blower then used quik detailer then wax will it be safe? sorry noobie! lol

trung09
04-01-2012, 03:05 AM
and wat about that califonai jelly blade thing? it leave scratches or marks? looking for the best faset way to dry a car

what'sinaname
04-01-2012, 03:47 AM
Haven't tried sheeting water myself as I spray Eagle One Wax as you dry and then use a MF towel to dry. I have noticed that since applying 845, less water remains on the vertical panels and what is on the horizontal ones sits up as nice little beads.

I wouldn't use a leaf blower as if it sucks up any piece of debris, it'll fire it into the car at phenomenal speed, which which surely damage the paint.

silverfox
04-01-2012, 05:53 AM
When funds allow change your life by getting a metro blaster. It's the only way to dry a car in my opinion. It eliminates you ever touching the paint to dry. It's also great for streak free drying especially on windows. I haven't cleaned an exterior window since getting the blaster. Blows hot filtered air at alarming speed. Best detailing investment I've ever made. Great in winter as you might appreciate that.

NickZ28
04-01-2012, 05:55 AM
I always use my leaf blower to dry all 3 of my vehichles, 2008 Jeep Commander, 2008 Corvette, 2012 Camaro SS Convertible.
I have never had any mishap with the leaf blower picking something up and sending towards the car.
It is a very efficient way to dry, plus it gets rid of all the water in the little crevices.

BobbyG
04-01-2012, 06:07 AM
Some day I'd like to try the Metro Blaster but it is pricy.

For several years now I've been using a dedicated leaf blower. I purchased this little unit for $50.00 at Lowe's and it does what it does best....Move Air!!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/Blower.jpg

NickZ28
04-01-2012, 06:10 AM
[QUOTE=BobbyG;648021]Some day I'd like to try the Metro Blaster but it is pricy.

Me too...I showed the wife the unit I liked the other day, and she said I was crazy, it was too expensive, no way. I then told her that I would use it exclusively on her Vette, and she changed her tune to a maybe! LOL

BobbyG
04-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Some day I'd like to try the Metro Blaster but it is pricy.

Me too...I showed the wife the unit I liked the other day, and she said I was crazy, it was too expensive, no way. I then told her that I would use it exclusively on her Vette, and she changed her tune to a maybe! LOL

OH Man, that was a low shot toying with her emotions like that.....Nicely done!! :laughing: :props:

poweraid
04-01-2012, 06:52 AM
I'd love the master blaster. living in a apartment has me goin to local wash bay just to hand wash . unless I lug a generator and I don't know if there is a big enough power inverter to handle the metro I have to stick to using ww towels. im still tempted to trying the 18v makita . heck if the water just blows of my truck doing 40 mph down the road , the 180 that the makita pushes maybe can do the trick ? but still $300 for the master blaster or the makita 18v . I gotta do what suits me now and later I'll just change my approach if needed .

trung09
04-01-2012, 10:55 AM
so im seeing is the good and bad.. i might give it a try lol with the leafe blower

kronos
04-01-2012, 11:16 AM
I use distilled water for the final rinse. I shower the car and walk away. No spots, no streaks, I don't touch the paint, super easy.

swanicyouth
04-01-2012, 12:04 PM
I have a Black and Decker rechargeable leaf blower that is pretty much worthless for anything except blowing water out of crevices in the wheels. If using a leaf blower, I think you need a gas or plug in one to get decent results. I would love to find something powerful that's cordless, even if the charge didn't last too long. I was considering the little Metro blaster side kick, anyone know if this is strong enough to do a whole car? Or is it too small? I believe the advertise it for crevices and motorcycles. I've used a jelly blade also, but you have to be real careful, if the blade has dry spots it will leave rubber "eraser marks" on your paint. They do come off, but it takes a little pressure. Some of the DIY car washes in my area now offer a blower that is pretty powerful. Would love something like that at home.

poweraid
04-01-2012, 01:39 PM
that b&d what's that push maybe 130 mph ? just don't have enough go go there . even a 170 mph toro electric I have I don't find to swell . but then for me to use it I got run back to the apartment quick from the wash bay and I already got water spots . so maybe the 18v makita will do it ok right then and there ?

bobby g what's the blower u got there do for mph ?

the only b&d products I have just makes my toast !

timaishu
04-01-2012, 02:31 PM
How fast is the air that comes out of the metro?

I bought a leaf blower at HD, on its highest speed it blows 220mph. It gets maybe 95% of the water off. But I still have to follow up with a towel no matter what.

pwrstrk97
04-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I also use an electric leaf blower. Never had any mishaps with it. Does a great job at getting the water out of the little crevices. I hate it when you go down the road after a wash and you have 3 foot long water streaks down the sides!!