PDA

View Full Version : Did Liquid Souveran spray change their formula? Look totally different.

Silverstone
03-31-2012, 10:06 PM
I got a couple sample size Liquid Souveran spray wax bottles last summer that were a slightly milky looking light yellow color. Just now I received two more bottles with a recent order and they're much darker in color. Almost orange/brown, or like very dark urine color. Does anyone have any idea what's happening here?

Vegas Transplant
03-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Almost orange/brown, or like very dark urine color.

That's a heck of an analogy hand...ROFL

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/you_want.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/44894)

twisted1
04-01-2012, 10:25 AM
One just never knows what'll show up on AGO.

AirVenture
04-01-2012, 01:13 PM
There was a post not long ago about somebody noticing a difference between Liquid Souveran in Autogeek's samples. He was comparing an old and new sample and they were different colors.

drewberg11
04-01-2012, 01:19 PM
There was a post not long ago about somebody noticing a difference between Liquid Souveran in Autogeek's samples. He was comparing an old and new sample and they were different colors.

That was me. The two samples were just from two different full size bottles where one was well mixed, the other was not. The liquid souveran separates after a while. Not sure if the spray does the same.

Vegas Transplant
04-01-2012, 01:50 PM

09/29/2010

or maybe this one

02/29/2012

Nick McKees37
04-02-2012, 09:44 AM
The formula hasn't changed. The difference in color is caused by the transparent bottle. With a transparent bottle, the product is exposed to light more so than the opaque black and white containers that other sizes of Liquid Souveran Spray Wax are packaged in. The increased exposure to light can accelerate the curing time of some ingredients, none of which affect the performance of the wax itself.

Store the sample away from extreme heat, shake it well before each use and enjoy the signature shine of Liquid Souveran Spray Wax. :dblthumb2:

oldmodman
04-02-2012, 02:13 PM
That is the main reason that I keep all my product in cabinets instead of on open shelves.

You want to keep everything in the dark. Detailing products, your wife, girlfriends, and especially the Government.

Silverstone
04-07-2012, 12:26 AM
The formula hasn't changed. The difference in color is caused by the transparent bottle. With a transparent bottle, the product is exposed to light more so than the opaque black and white containers that other sizes of Liquid Souveran Spray Wax are packaged in. The increased exposure to light can accelerate the curing time of some ingredients, none of which affect the performance of the wax itself.

Store the sample away from extreme heat, shake it well before each use and enjoy the signature shine of Liquid Souveran Spray Wax. :dblthumb2:

Well I certainly will, but these last two much darker bottles just arrived from your warehouse that way - and I don't think you guys left it in the sun... Right?

I haven't tried the brownish-orange bottles yet but they certainly don't look like the creamy yellow ones I got twice before.
I'm doing a full machine wax with Pinacle liquid souveran tomorrow. After that I'll try the old good bottle on one spot and one of the new dark colored ones elsewhere and see what happens.

I must say it's strange, it looks like another product in there. At first I thought you substituted for something else, but the white label says the right name.

Silverstone
04-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Well last chance, the LS is on and I'm going to try the orange-ish brown LS spray wax on top. I certainly hope it's not a mislabeled wax stripper or something.

PS: I just did the hood with both and the brown one even smells different. The original yellow spray has no real odor but the brown one smells very nice. It's hard to tell if the brown is waxing at all because I just did the LS last night and the car is pretty damn slick already.