PDA

View Full Version : best pressure washer

Kaban
03-31-2012, 03:42 PM
which one is most reliable and overall a quality product?

Danube
03-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Karcher

BlantonDetail
03-31-2012, 07:10 PM
I used to work with a team that cleaned weekly a 40 some semi truck fleet for a furniture factory (plus 40 or so trailers).
We always used Honda with a CAT pump. They used those for years before I joined too. They were very reliable, easy to obtain parts for, and not too bad to work on either. We were using at least 3500-4000psi pressure washers though, which is more than needed for cars. I think the motors were 13hp, and the pump was 4GPM. It has been a while. Industrial and durable!

gotdetail?
03-31-2012, 08:03 PM
kranzle...

Explicit Shine
03-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Hotsy

sparkie
03-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Just make sure it has a CAT pump...

Bunky
04-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Besides choices between electric and gas, electric pressure washers are usually lumped in the consumer class (usually sell from $100 to $350) and prosumer ($500 and up).

You will get more bang for the buck spec wise with a gas powered unit. Gas means oil, fuel, much more noise but you get greater than 2 GPM and higher pressures and can use anywhere. For an electric, a 15A pressure washer you usually top out at 1.6 to 2 GPM/1500 to 1800 psi and you need an outlet.

The consumer electric models are mostly plastic construction and have a shorter expected pump life. If you follow the reports from users, many report years of use yet others mention failures (leaks,pump failures) early in the life.

The prosumers tend to have much much better pumps, more brass, features like adjustable pressure, and intended for many years of service - designed to be repaired if necessary.

After a year of research, I ended up with an electric Kranzle K1120T.

NickZ28
04-01-2012, 06:01 AM
Karcher

:xyxthumbs: Thats what I have!

swanicyouth
04-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Just bought a Karcher K 2.360. It's still sitting in the box, it's a cheaper consumer model. Karcher has a year warranty and an easy replacement feature where if it breaks, you snip off the cord and serial number and mail it to them and they send you a reman. How they are getting units to reman I'm not sure, since your actually keeping your broken unit. Anyway, I bought it yesterday just to wash my 2 cars, and I figure it's such a step up from the low hose pressure here it should be a vast improvement. FYI, I got it at Walmart for 130 dollars.

Danube
04-01-2012, 07:34 AM
I had few Karchers in the past, but now 3.99 is an absolute minimum for my needs./

Mike Burke
04-01-2012, 07:51 AM
what GAS powerd washers are some of you useing ?

pfix
04-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Besides choices between electric and gas, electric pressure washers are usually lumped in the consumer class (usually sell from $100 to $350) and prosumer ($500 and up).

You will get more bang for the buck spec wise with a gas powered unit. Gas means oil, fuel, much more noise but you get greater than 2 GPM and higher pressures and can use anywhere. For an electric, a 15A pressure washer you usually top out at 1.6 to 2 GPM/1500 to 1800 psi and you need an outlet.

The consumer electric models are mostly plastic construction and have a shorter expected pump life. If you follow the reports from users, many report years of use yet others mention failures (leaks,pump failures) early in the life.

The prosumers tend to have much much better pumps, more brass, features like adjustable pressure, and intended for many years of service - designed to be repaired if necessary.

After a year of research, I ended up with an electric Kranzle K1120T.

My Kranzle K 1120T will be ordered shortly!

Tundra_10
04-01-2012, 08:35 AM
what GAS powerd washers are some of you useing ?

I do not detail professionally but I did just buy a homelite 2700psi 2.3gpm pressure washer. I bought it to do a little more then wash cars. So far I love it, starts easy and has great cleaning ability. I love the fact that mine has a honda engine so I am pretty confident the engine will last a long time. Now the pump on the other hand, I am hoping it does as well but I hear the consumer model pumps take a dump pretty commonly on all pressure washers.

brentech
05-08-2012, 10:35 AM
I do not detail professionally but I did just buy a homelite 2700psi 2.3gpm pressure washer. I bought it to do a little more then wash cars. So far I love it, starts easy and has great cleaning ability. I love the fact that mine has a honda engine so I am pretty confident the engine will last a long time. Now the pump on the other hand, I am hoping it does as well but I hear the consumer model pumps take a dump pretty commonly on all pressure washers.
Glad to read this.

Just did a quick search for Homelite because I was at HD and looking at pressure washers (actually needed one for usage on my deck, which is a massive 40'x14'), but while looking at the model you mentioned, an employee stopped by and said she had one that was returned. Probably just someone that used it once and returned it because they didn't need it anymore. Price in store new was listed $299, but I decided to buy the 'used' one for $170.

It may not have even been used, it didn't look like it. And the manual and everything else was completely untouched. Hopefully it works out well...