PDA

View Full Version : Two week old car long scratch on roof

thebouncer
03-31-2012, 02:16 PM
I can't believe I was so stupid... I have a brand new 2012 dodge charger. It was very dirty so I took it to the self car wash. I was wearing a jacket intially but then realized I might make contact with the car with the buttons... well aparently I did and didn't know it or someone scratched my car

I now have a long scratch in my roof that is white and almost 12" long very thin line. See attached pictures, had a hell of a time trying to show the scratch in the photo.

How can I get this scratch out ? HELP I am freaking out!

Setec Astronomy
03-31-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't think that's as bad as it looks. I think whatever polishing you will do to remove your swirls (other thread) will make that much less noticeable...and it's on the roof, anyway!

Eandras
03-31-2012, 03:07 PM
I agree with Setec. That is not that bad and could easily be removed with polish, DA, and wax

mike matchlat
03-31-2012, 03:09 PM
I don't think that's as bad as it looks. I think whatever polishing you will do to remove your swirls (other thread) will make that much less noticeable...and it's on the roof, anyway!
Try a product called Scratch Out it has worked for me in the past

thebouncer
03-31-2012, 03:29 PM
thanks guys, I can't believe I did this to my car, all because I was trying to keep it clean :(

Kaban
03-31-2012, 03:37 PM
happens to the best of us. live and learn. good luck

mike matchlat
03-31-2012, 05:34 PM
happens to the best of us. live and learn. good luck

Most of use have did things to there car by accdent