PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Juice product line questions

megacabcummins
03-31-2012, 07:56 AM
I want to try the Dodo Juice products, but they have so many of them where do you start? I have the Zaino on my truck now, but I plan to strip it cause I want to see what the truck will look like with a good Carnuba on it, there's nothing wrong with what I have just want to see the difference, if I don't like it the Zaino will go back on and then I can try something else later on. So which cleaners, waxes ect ect?

megacabcummins
03-31-2012, 10:40 AM
So the search function does wonders lol... :buffing:

But I am curious if I wanted to can I put Carnuba over a sealant like Zaino or a similar product and would it make any difference or is that just a waste of time?

TroyScherer
03-31-2012, 10:46 AM
So the search function does wonders lol... :buffing:

But I am curious if I wanted to can I put Carnuba over a sealant like Zaino or a similar product and would it make any difference or is that just a waste of time?

Absolutely. That is my normal process. Sealant for protection, wax for look and the joy or application.

megacabcummins
03-31-2012, 10:51 AM
OK cool.... Then once I get something other than rain it's time to strip the truck down to bare paint and get to work... Thank You

mwoolfso
03-31-2012, 10:58 AM
First off, the color of the wax doesn't make a significant difference if you are sticking to 1-3 layers. Some people are adamant in putting a dark-colored wax on dark-colors cars, light wax on light-colored... etc.... Dodo's forum has posts indicating this is not necessary. However, the scents from the various waxes range from very good to awesome; making it a pleasure to wax by hand (fingers actually). If you are going to use a polisher then you may want to consider larger pots or a wax stick (which I don't think AG sells).

If you want a Dodo 'nuba look then (2) 30 ml. pots would be where you should think to start off.

General Approach

Layer 0 - Prep as you deem necessary
Layer 1 - Dodo Juice hard wax
Layer 2 - Dodo Juice soft wax (soft always on top of hard)

Layer 1 can be replaced with Supernatural or Supernatural Hybrid. Both have a higher concentration of 'nuba. This variation will be a little more expensive than the hard/soft combination.

If you only want to try 1 pot then go with the soft wax and be sure you have a good sealant on the car.

My typical approach is 1 layer of hard and then 1 layer of soft. When I want to go a little over-the-top I apply 2 layers of hard and 1 soft. I do this all by hand (fingers) and I get a great workout. My grip strength has increased significantly in the last year. :-)

Jaretr1
03-31-2012, 11:25 AM
After meeting Pj from Dodo, I can tell you there is a little bit of him in every product (not literally). He is passionate about the waxes and they make great products.

megacabcummins
03-31-2012, 11:48 AM
First off, the color of the wax doesn't make a significant difference if you are sticking to 1-3 layers. Some people are adamant in putting a dark-colored wax on dark-colors cars, light wax on light-colored... etc.... Dodo's forum has posts indicating this is not necessary. However, the scents from the various waxes range from very good to awesome; making it a pleasure to wax by hand (fingers actually). If you are going to use a polisher then you may want to consider larger pots or a wax stick (which I don't think AG sells).

If you want a Dodo 'nuba look then (2) 30 ml. pots would be where you should think to start off.

General Approach

Layer 0 - Prep as you deem necessary
Layer 1 - Dodo Juice hard wax
Layer 2 - Dodo Juice soft wax (soft always on top of hard)

Layer 1 can be replaced with Supernatural or Supernatural Hybrid. Both have a higher concentration of 'nuba. This variation will be a little more expensive than the hard/soft combination.

If you only want to try 1 pot then go with the soft wax and be sure you have a good sealant on the car.

My typical approach is 1 layer of hard and then 1 layer of soft. When I want to go a little over-the-top I apply 2 layers of hard and 1 soft. I do this all by hand (fingers) and I get a great workout. My grip strength has increased significantly in the last year. :-)

Thank You that helps a lot :dblthumb2:

AeroCleanse
03-31-2012, 02:23 PM
I want to try the Dodo Juice products, but they have so many of them where do you start? I have the Zaino on my truck now, but I plan to strip it cause I want to see what the truck will look like with a good Carnuba on it, there's nothing wrong with what I have just want to see the difference, if I don't like it the Zaino will go back on and then I can try something else later on. So which cleaners, waxes ect ect?

For a pure wax treatment:

Wash, Clay...yada yada
Dodo Lime Prime or Lime Prime Lite
Dodo Supernatural

If your just trying it, get a panel pot. In my experience the wax spreads so much better after using Lime Prime or Lime Prime Lite.

TroyScherer
03-31-2012, 02:29 PM
I have one panel pot of Purple Haze Pro. I don't really like the panel pot size to be honest. I guess it is nice for trying and testing before you buy the full size. But in my opinion it is really just a P.I.T.A. To use out of such a small container.

umi000
04-02-2012, 07:39 AM
The Supernatural finger mitts work really well with the panel pots - just a bit expensive though.

megacabcummins
04-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Big thanks to mwoolfso I picked up some pot size Dodo Juice from him. The weather hasn't been too cooperative to be able to wax the truck but I was able to get to my wheels. After a couple cleanings with Sonax, and the last time with Sonax and Born to be Mild I laid down some Z-5. The Z-5 didn't make that much of a difference, but then I laid down some Rain Forest Rub, DAYUMN. The wheels still look like crap up close, well to me they do, but get 6-7 feet away and they look pretty dang good imho. Not bad for 4 hours work... http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/msps003/New%20Truck/wheels.jpg

I tried a couple test spots on the paint since it was all I had time for, but I really liked how it looked. So now I am really looking forward to having a whole day to clean the truck and busting out my new DA. I got 4 kinds of Dodo, with a couple more on the way, plus some new MF towels (thank you Nick), and also get a Dr Colorchip kit ordered. But I really liked how the carnuba just brought out the metal flake.

mwoolfso
06-04-2012, 05:40 AM
I just got around to seeing this, looks shiny! Do post pics of the car once you have it all Dodo'd.

megacabcummins
06-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Oh yea I will, been working 10-12 hour days so fitting other stuff in gets tough. Poor truck needs some lovin...