PDA

View Full Version : Help With Meg's APC plus

Beerwulf76
03-31-2012, 12:16 AM
Fellow AG's I would like to know what dilution ratios you use with Meg's APC plus for various applications.What ratio for wheels,what kind of wheels is it safe for and not?For tires?Interior Vinyl? Upholstery?Leather?
How would I use it a wax stripper/Wash.I plan on using Dawn with it as well for a stripping wash.
Thanks!

Flannigan
03-31-2012, 12:19 AM
I would skip it and use Blackfire or Optimum Apc. They are a little more money, but work much better IMO.

As for dilutions no matter the product I usually use 3:1 on tires, wheel wells, and engine. 10:1 on interiors, I usually add a couple ounces to my foam gun for stripping waxes.

mwoolfso
03-31-2012, 11:13 AM
I use Megs APC+ regularly.

- Interiors --> 7:1 to 10:1 depending on how dirty
- Wheels/Engine --> 3:1 or 4:1 depending on ease of cleaning and dirt concentration

For leather or vinyl I do not use an APC. My concern is long-term impact to the fabric (drying out). If I was forced to consider APC+ I would start at 15:1 or 20:1. Personally, I'd go with something like Vinylex, Lexol or Leatherique after I confirmed water and some mild detergent was not doing enough.

For stripping wax, Dawn Ultra works fine for me, never needed to add an APC at all but I guess I would consider it if the car was filthy.

Beerwulf76
04-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Well I have some mixed at 5:1 ,I'll use that on wheels and tires for now.