PDA

View Full Version : P 21S or Souveran

Pages : [1] 2

chall3forty
05-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Hello everyone. New to this forum. I own a 1973 Dodge Challenger (dark silver metallic clear coat) that I purchased in 1974. Restored it in 1995 and it has 46,000 miles on it. I rarely water wash it. Usually quick detail and california duster it between clay and wax. I've used quality products on it in the past, but think I'll go the next step. Future plans are; Pinnacles Poly Clay, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG, P 21S or Souveran Paste, Pinnacles Crystal Mist as the detailer.
Here's the questions, 1. Will these work with my color. 2. Can I get close to the same depth with the P 21S as compared to the Souveran. 3. Will Crystal Mist formula work over the top of P 21S. 4. Has Klasse had any reformulation recently that made it a lesser product.
Thank you
Jim

OCDetails
05-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Save even more money and buy S100. It looks and performs the same as P21S and costs half as much. For your particular color there really isn't a great benefit of Souveran over S100. You will be equaly pleased no matter which way you go. The difference will be in your wallet. Take the difference between S100 and Souveran ($15 for S100 - $70 for Souveran) and buy some other great car care products.

MCA
05-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Save even more money and buy S100. It looks and performs the same as P21S and costs half as much. For your particular color there really isn't a great benefit of Souveran over S100. You will be equaly pleased no matter which way you go. The difference will be in your wallet. Take the difference between S100 and Souveran ($15 for S100 - $70 for Souveran) and buy some other great car care products.

...like Wolfgang :D

Mike T
05-12-2006, 12:54 PM
If you don't want to spend $70 on the Souveran Paste then get the Souveran liquid. I used it for the 1st time last weekend. It is by far the best wax I've used. And I try and stay with the well known waxes.

chall3forty
05-12-2006, 01:34 PM
That's what I was wondering. Do you think using the Klasse AIO, then Klasse SG, topped off with S 100 would be three beneficial steps. Also, will the Crystal Mist work over the S100.
Thanks
Jim

BILL
05-12-2006, 05:22 PM
I'd Say yes To All :cheers:

BritOn2wheels
05-12-2006, 07:48 PM
:iagree: Three VERY beneficial steps.

ScottB
05-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Sig Series II or Wolfgang would be my choice on darker metallics.

BlackCoupe
05-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Hello everyone. New to this forum. I own a 1973 Dodge Challenger (dark silver metallic clear coat) that I purchased in 1974. Restored it in 1995 and it has 46,000 miles on it. I rarely water wash it. Usually quick detail and california duster it between clay and wax. I've used quality products on it in the past, but think I'll go the next step. Future plans are; Pinnacles Poly Clay, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG, P 21S or Souveran Paste, Pinnacles Crystal Mist as the detailer.
Here's the questions, 1. Will these work with my color. 2. Can I get close to the same depth with the P 21S as compared to the Souveran. 3. Will Crystal Mist formula work over the top of P 21S. 4. Has Klasse had any reformulation recently that made it a lesser product.
Thank you
Jim

You should have to post a pic in order to get advice. We want to see your Classic. If you don't wash it, it must be mostly garaged and just taken out to make people jealous?

BILL
05-13-2006, 07:09 AM
You should have to post a pic in order to get advice. We want to see your Classic. If you don't wash it, it must be mostly garaged and just taken out to make people jealous?

I never wash my ride.....always calif dust, damp micro, follow buy dry micro. garaged kept and never driven in fowl weather.......

my harley is my going about business ride.......:D

chall3forty
05-13-2006, 08:59 PM
Only drive the Challenger about 500 miles a year. As we speak, its still on jack stands awaiting its yearly underbelly handwash. I've become obsessed with it staying CLEAN. It was the first car I bought. Paid $2650.00 for it, and payments were $84.96 per month. That was all I could handle at 17 years old in 1974. Another question. If I put coats of Klasse SG and wax over the top, how will I know when its time to start over with the Klasse AIO? Also, will I clay it before or after using the Klasse AIO? It has a black graphics stripe on the side. My Blitz wax and Best of Show wax don't cloud or whiten the stripe. Can Klasse, P 21S or S100 safely go over the top without discoloring?
Thanks
Jim

BILL
05-13-2006, 09:04 PM
will I clay it before or after using the Klasse AIO?

AFTER WASHING AND BEFORE ANYTHING.......

ScottB
05-13-2006, 10:11 PM
will I clay it before or after using the Klasse AIO?

AFTER WASHING AND BEFORE ANYTHING.......

Wash, Clay, Polish, Protect --- Correct Order (WCPP)

chall3forty
05-13-2006, 10:13 PM
I've always quick detailed, clayed, and then started with product. Never used sealants, and from what I've read, the AIO is a chemical cleaner. So I did'nt know if this was now the first step. Any thoughts on when I can tell I need to start over with clay, AIO, SG, and wax. Will these go on clear over the stripe?
Thanks
Jim

OCDetails
05-13-2006, 10:18 PM
^^ Yep. It will all go on clear over your pinstripe and that is the correct order. Just remember that most sealants need a day or so to cure before you can add wax to the top. Sealants have to cure and bond to your paint, so they need to be left alone for awhile. You can still drive it, but I would suggest waiting 18 to 24 hours before you put any wax on top.