PDA

View Full Version : Surface Scratches

njmiket
03-30-2012, 05:19 PM
How do I keep those surface scratches from appearing on my black finish Regal? I wash and wax the car by hand. I use a drying cloth when washing the car. The car does not go through a car wash. I have never used a buffer on the car.

Jaretr1
03-30-2012, 08:11 PM
It all depends on your technique, how you are washing and waxing the car and with what items and products. There are a ton of great articles by mike Phillips on this forum that go over proper washing and waxing techniques. If I was more savy, I would post the direct links.

poweraid
03-30-2012, 08:39 PM
when u wash the car do you use the 2 bucket method ? when u wax have you ever used a clay bar ? when u dry with your drying cloth, what is it really ? check out ag "how to " articles . there is great info on how to maintain a vehicle . be advised that u can become addicted which will require to spend some moola so u can really keep u car looking nice .

Flash Gordon
03-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Don't let anyone set their groceries/suitcase/purse on your hood/trunk

Sometimes there is nothing you can do

bl3ujay07
03-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Don't let anyone set their groceries/suitcase/purse on your hood/trunk

Sometimes there is nothing you can do

Agree, two weeks after putting in 36+ hours of detailing, either my brother who took the car grocery shopping or a relative that carpools with me, scratched up my back bumper. Looked like they placed bags on the bumper and slid the bags around.

PristinePro
03-31-2012, 01:48 AM
Wash in shade, use 2 bucket method, pre soak if possible, good wash soap with lubrication thats diluted properly, wash from the top down while cleaning your mitt in second bucket often. Thats the best you can do with being brief. Like the others said there are many good write ups on here explaining these methods more thoroughly. Scratches are hard to stay clear from on dark paints. The only way to get rid of them is a proper polishing if you don't want the old ones to show up again. Good luck with your cure!