PDA

View Full Version : Loving this some days!

Pages : [1] 2 3

SeaJay's
03-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Well, I've been working on setting up an appointment with this guy for over a year now.

He's the brother in law of another buddy of mine.

Anyway, finally was able to set up an appointment with him today to get his Escalade done. It wasn't that bad except the paint is in horrible condition, swirls and scratches all over the place. But no polishing was to be done. He's getting a discount ($50 off my normal price with hopes of bringing me other cars) But after today I may end up doing a 1 step on it next time around.

My buddy kept telling me that I need to do my best work cause he's going to compare me to this other guy they had working for them. So, I took my time and made sure everything was perfect.

Owner came and didn't even really look at it when I was done...OK no problem.

Before I leave he books 3 more appointments with me to do his wife's Arcadia, his brother's Escalade, and his fathers cadillac sedan. Oh and his brother came in and book a separate appointment with me to do his Yukon Denali. Plus his father has 3 old cars (didn't say makes or models) which he wants done in the spring.

So needless to say I was pretty pumped when I left there. Nothing like having a family of car lovers who like to keep their vehicles clean. The guy told me that all together his family has about 30 vehicles that they will have done.

This is going to be a great account that will help keep me busy. I've already been way busier this year than I expected, and if I keep this up I may be hiring someone soon.

Just had to go off about this cause I was pumped and I knew the detailing world would understand!

Sorry for the rant and gloating! Just happy that my business is taking off this year!:buffing:

bill walsh
03-30-2012, 05:03 PM
great news best of luck with all that work

Railroad
03-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Glad to here it. Good for you.

Porsche Pilot
03-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Way awesome Jason! I know how hard you have worked building the new business. I think I said once that 2012 will be your year. Congrats my friend and please, gloat away!

dad07
03-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Way cool Jason! Glad things are looking up for you!

jpegs13
03-31-2012, 02:15 AM
Very cool. Looks like a busy summer for you!

Black Car
03-31-2012, 07:54 AM
where do I send my application...

BobbyG
03-31-2012, 08:03 AM
Looks like you're doing well Jason, Congratulations! :props:

Quality is a word that gets around!! :dblthumb2:

tuscarora dave
03-31-2012, 08:16 AM
I fully understand the excitement. Congrats on the new account.

vet
03-31-2012, 08:16 AM
Way to go! Congrats!

Flash Gordon
03-31-2012, 09:04 AM
Good for you Jason, you deserve it!

I would definitely introduce them to polishing paint at some point. Make sure its while their at home so you can show them a 50/50 ;)

opie_7afe
03-31-2012, 11:11 AM
love to hear of a small business doing well in this economy! great job man!

DetailedByPrecision
03-31-2012, 03:19 PM
congrats, and keep on improving and shaping the detailing industry.

TRILLIS
03-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Congratulations on the new work.30 cars with scratches and swirls would drive me crazy.Just a thought but if you could get that first car for long enough and give it a good polish for free.Then explain that it's in appreciation for the extra work he's got for you. I'm sure the other 29 would follow. {$_$}

slickooz
03-31-2012, 04:26 PM
Congrats Jason! Sounds like you lost a little on the first detail but it paid for itself. I hope I can land something like this in the near future.