PDA

View Full Version : First wash of the season

metalli445
03-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Hey Guys,
I'm looking for a concentrated solution that will strip my old products off my truck so I can wash, clay and buff the truck out. The last time I buffed the truck I used these products. Menzerna Super Intensive Polish, Menzerna Super Finish, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and Collinite's 845. It seems the collinite 845 is still holding up but I'd like to wash and clay the truck again. I'd would like a product that I can strip everything off with but then later dilute the solution so I can use it for my weekly washing. What product would you recommend? Thanks

Pat

RhetoricMixes
03-29-2012, 09:45 AM
A lot of people on here including me swear by Chemical Guys Citrus Wash for stripping old LSP's and products off their car. Its also a really great car wash with high lubricity.
Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss 16 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-citra-wash-gloss.html)

metalli445
03-29-2012, 09:46 AM
I've read alot of posts regarding CG Citrus wash but I hear about Citrus clear and citrus red or things like that. I haven't been able to determine which one is right for my application.

RhetoricMixes
03-29-2012, 09:47 AM
I've read alot of posts regarding CG Citrus was but I hear about Citrus clear and citrus red or things like that. I haven't been able to determine which one is right for my application.

Those can be used as well but for your application the CG Citrus is the exact one you need.

metalli445
03-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Great. Thank you!

Detail_Dude
03-29-2012, 09:52 AM
A lot of people on here including me swear by Chemical Guys Citrus Wash for stripping old LSP's and products off their car. Its also a really great car wash with high lubricity.
Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss 16 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-citra-wash-gloss.html)

+1 for CC CW&G. I like it a LOT!!

metalli445
03-29-2012, 10:01 AM
What ratio of water to product have you found works best for stripping waxes? What about for everyday washing just to keep the vehicle clean?