PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Questions?

SON1C
03-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Alright here we go..

Wash - for hand wash I have a vast array of products from cg, ag, surfcity, meg's, and more

Foam - have not decided which foam gun to pickup, it'll need to attach to a hose, no power washer, right now CG's foam gun seems the best value, although autogeeks appears to create incredible foam (with the gun and their solution used) but its a lesser value

Waxes - I have some CG buttery wax, autoglym hd, More than likely going to pick up some meg's cleaner or mother's cleaner, undecided, I also have a few others at my disposal

Tire shine - cg vrt, bm, and undecided on whether or not to pickup some more and of what kind

Interior protectant and carpet cleaner.. as of right now Meg's APC (have not ordered yet however) honestly I'm really excited to get this stuff and put it to the test

Clay - I have a bar or two of mothers and meg's bars, some meg's detail and iirc I also have a bar from CG and clay lube, depending on how cg's does I'll either continue with that or use Mother's, imo mother's worked great when I last used it

Headlight resto - undecided need to try some of the products out there to see what achieves the best results, most like the 3M kit however I have never used it

Exterior trim depending on how cg's vrt is I might stick with that, I think I have some mother's back-to-black as well

Glass cleaner - none atm, as of right now I'll just go with stoners

Prepping for what my customer base will most likely be, which is wash clay wax shine and interior

Also working on a logo of some sort, right now I plan to take a nice beading shot of my car after waxed and then work with that

I'd also need to order some more applicators, MF's, open to suggestions

any input/feedback is always great, thank you

SON1C
03-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Link removed - admin

what do you guys think of this? since its a 1 step

ExcessiveMobile
03-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Since mobile, why not use a waterless or rinseless wash?

ONR
Ultima
CroftgateUSA
Meguiar's

all good choices...could save you lots of money not having to buy a tank.

SON1C
03-29-2012, 07:25 AM
well right now I'll just be going to the customers house, but I will start offering waterless washes after awhile, but I dont think many people would take me serious at first if thats all I did, mainly because they wouldnt understand it, if you get what I'm saying?

DaVinciAutoSpa
03-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Here's what I've had luck with.

Wash: CG Citrus Wash n Gloss. (Just purchased Glossworkz, so I'm excited to try).

Wax: Depends on the car; usually Poorboy's Natty Red. Easy 'on' and 'off'.

Degreaser: I've used plenty and have decided on Oil Eater Degreaser. Does a GREAT job; dilute 10:1 for interiors. I use it on engines, tires/wheels, interior, everything. $9.99/gal. Beats paying $15.99 for Meg's APC+.

Glass: Stoner's Invisible Glass

*Get some Meg's Cleaner Wax. Very versatile, I use it on a lot of stuff.

Polish: M105 and M205 mostly. I have some Menzerna and Poorboys, but usually reach for the m105 and mn205.

Tires: Meg's Hot Shine. WalMart sells it for $4.50/can. Great shine, lasts a good while. My clients like 'dripping wet' look.

Clay: I prefer Meg's. I use ONR for clay lube.

Wetsanding: 2000 grit wet or dry paper; practice on an old fender or trunk lid. Then polish out with m105, followed by m205. I've recently started to get my feet wet and can charge more $$$$ by doing this.

Foam: Not interested in foam guns. My employees and I move too fast for a foam gun.

Leather Conditioner: Pinnacle. I wont use anything else. Just did a Maxima with trashed seats, and after cleaning them, they Pinnacle made them look like new.

Headlights: Wet sand with 1000 grit, (start with 600 grit if really bad), then proceed to 200 grit before buffing. I use m105 once again. Finish with m205 and then put Klasse AIO for a sealant.

Paint Sealant: Blackfire Wet Damond. Love this stuff as long as you're in the shade. Otherwqise it streaks badly. (I just oredered the OptiCoat so looking forward to trying it out).

***I strongly suggest you take 50/50 shots AND a ton of before and afters for your web site. (Yes, you should have one). I use yola.com for my web site building. Did it myself, it's a 'drop and drag' type. I get a ton of compliments on my site.

Carpet: I vacuum, spray degreaser, and steam it with my Wagner steamer. Works great! My carpet extractor collects dust now. Be careful on interior plastics and DO NOT let the steamer stay in one spot too long. Don't ask me how I know that.

Clients: Think of who you want to cater to. Upscale, exotic, (no thanks), daily drivers, (I love those, highest % of my clients). You'll earn your stripes on daily drivers all day long. Exotics don't impress me. Take a trashed mini van with dog crap, dirty diapers, vomit, red stains and melted crayons in cup holders, YOU WILL BECOME A MUCH BETTER DETAILER by doing these types of vehicles.

I appreciate the folks who do exotics, but for me I like to see a noticeable transformation on something I work on.

Logo: Keep it classy. Everyone and their dog has a silhouette of a sports car. Do something different. Look at logos and get ideas about what you like/don't like.

Different Price Points: Have a wide range. Everything from your basic wash n wax, which you mentioned, that's great, to a 'full detail', i.e. headlights, engine, shampoo interior, 3-step paint, etc.

That was a lot. Good luck.

rustytruck
03-31-2012, 07:16 PM
onr washes work. it's nice because your not blasting water into every nook and cranny on the car then having water drip out for 1/2 hour after you dried the car. you can start on the wax. I'm starting a mobile business just using onr. I'm going to pick up a cg Eco pod and if need be ask to use customer's hose but it shouldn't be an issue. I've been testing onr all winter and i can't say it enough it works. Also try to find a local chemical company for your chemicals it will save you money on shipping. I found one a town over from where i live and they make great stuff. good luck.