PDA

View Full Version : Best Products, tips for seasonal prep?

xxnonamexx
03-28-2012, 08:33 AM
I have been reading alot in these forums. Everyone has his/her own way of detailing cars using products from this forum or ones OTC at your local shop. I have noticed some members have had excellent success with meguiars products specifically.
This forum has some excellent products and I have been seesawing on what product to try next as far as wax/sealant. Do you change what you use per season like summer compared to winter? I read most waxes depending on weather conditions can last 3-6 possibly 12 months. I am not worried about longevity but I would love a wax that makes heads turn and people ask did you just buy that car, highest beading. The part I hate is when pollen is all over a car yellow sheet and a little rain makes the car look filthy. Is it possibly after waxing and after a rain shower the car will still look "mint". Alot of manufacturers claim wet look, gloss, 3D shine, diamond, ice look etc. I wouldn't mind a similar sealant/glaze as well. So far after reading I have been debating Super DoubleCoat Auto Wax #476 by Collinite for the wax or their 845 brand, Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, debating on Ultima Paint Guard Plus, containing Polycharger Wax Booster, Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

dbzvl
03-28-2012, 11:23 AM
I am also wondering about good products that can keep pollen off my car and ensure that the rain doesn't make my car look filthy.

dbzvl
03-28-2012, 08:19 PM
No long time AGO members have any input?

Larry A
03-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Duragloss also makes great stuff.