PDA

View Full Version : New cloth seats

Pages : [1] 2

CaneCharger
03-27-2012, 08:18 PM
I have cloth seats in my jeep. I keep the top down most of the time. Looking for a product that will protect the seats. Any suggestions? Also, my dog slobber has gotten on some of my backseat - what does everyone use to clean cloth seats?

Thanks

Flash Gordon
03-27-2012, 08:27 PM
I have cloth seats in my jeep. I keep the top down most of the time. Looking for a product that will protect the seats. Any suggestions? Also, my dog slobber has gotten on some of my backseat - what does everyone use to clean cloth seats?

Thanks

Scotchgaurd the crap outum while there still new ;)

Varies methods are used for cleaning. On a Jeep I would probally just yank them out and pressure wash if they looked funky

Do you have airbags in the seat?

mwoolfso
03-27-2012, 08:51 PM
303 Aerospace Protectant

JonMiles
03-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Throw some teraflex or wet okole seat cover on them....worth every penny with the top down.

flyinion
03-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Subscribed. Need to find something for mine as well hehe. I just wiped out my interior after my last offroad trip and I think it was just as dusty as the outside was. Smack the carpet on the back of the rear seat and get a nice cloud of dust (4 door and they stay laid down all the time).

Flash Gordon
03-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Throw some teraflex or wet okole seat cover on them....worth every penny with the top down.

Good idea! All the popular kids are putting these on their seats now

Subscribed. Need to find something for mine as well hehe. I just wiped out my interior after my last offroad trip and I think it was just as dusty as the outside was. Smack the carpet on the back of the rear seat and get a nice cloud of dust (4 door and they stay laid down all the time).

Keep them vacumed often and wipe them down with a semi wet towel occasionaly untill you get the covers mentioned above

flyinion
03-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Hmmm, so where does one find the teraflex covers? I thought teraflex was a suspension parts company and that's all I find on their website as well. The Okole ones look nice but $$$$ and I'm trying to remember what I read on some of the Jeep forums about neoprene covers.

JonMiles
03-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Hmmm, so where does one find the teraflex covers? I thought teraflex was a suspension parts company and that's all I find on their website as well. The Okole ones look nice but $$$$ and I'm trying to remember what I read on some of the Jeep forums about neoprene covers.

Sorry bout the misinformation...meant to say Smittybilt

I have the okole's in mine right now

flyinion
03-29-2012, 03:04 PM

Ah, how does the neoprene do in hot weather? Do you end up with perpetual swamp"butt"? I've heard that's an issue with them since they don't breathe as well as cloth. Someone on one of the Jeep forums mentioned it and was recommending Coverking's spacer mesh fabric instead.

opie_7afe
03-29-2012, 06:33 PM
for a jeep i would suggest seat covers, however id go with the more expensive fitted covers can even get them to match factory with some companys. then for those id spray 303 high tech fabric guard on them(or neverwet whenever it gets released!) to clean fabric seats i do a mist of 20:1 APC and a steam cleaner.

CaneCharger
06-11-2012, 05:25 PM

Do you like these?

Shane731
06-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Autogeek carries various seat covers:

Car Seat Covers, hawaiian seat covers, two tone seat covers, hawaian seat cover (http://www.autogeek.net/seatcovers.html)

A-train
06-11-2012, 06:47 PM
303 Fabric protectant. Ive got white clothes seats in my kitchen. I used this product, a few weeks later my nephew spilled spaghetti sauce on them. Came off like it was nothing.

bmwgalore
06-11-2012, 07:03 PM
303 Fabric protectant. Ive got white clothes seats in my kitchen. I used this product, a few weeks later my nephew spilled spaghetti sauce on them. Came off like it was nothing.

+1
Best stuff on the market, period.

TimmyG
06-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Thats what I use in my wifes camry. Her cousins have spilled chocolate milk and all kinds of other liquids back there that I've been able to clean relatively easily.