PDA

View Full Version : Who lives around Flower Mound, Texas?

Mike Phillips
03-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Who lives around Flower Mound, Texas?

Who do we have around Flower Mound, Texas that could go over and show Jeff a couple tips and techniques for machine compounding?

Jeff is trying to,

Sand all the panels that have not been sanded
Remove all the sanding marks and polish to a high gloss
on his project truck, a 1959 Chevrolet Apache Pick-up

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1152/4407107/9319904/401473078.jpg

So who do we have that knows how to,

Hand or Machine sand paint
Flex 3401
Rotary Buffer
DA Polishers

We need someone willing to lend a fellow forum member a hand...

Mike Phillips
03-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Here's Jeff's original post on this topic,

Painter abandoned freshly painted truck, need help! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/wet-sanding-cutting-buffing/47194-painter-abandoned-freshly-painted-truck-need-help.html)

:)

Mike Phillips
03-27-2012, 01:29 PM
***Bump***

Bueller
Bueller
Bueller

:D

alko
03-27-2012, 01:34 PM
This doesn't help but I tell you one thing...its gonna be one helluva truck when its done! I agree with OldModMan and say take that baby down to Florida!!!

Mike Phillips
03-27-2012, 02:05 PM
***Update***

Nick Chapman just called me and told me he lives about 2 miles from Flower Mound and he would be more than happy to swing by and share some tips and techniques with Jeff.

Thank you Nick!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

pixelmonkey
03-27-2012, 04:19 PM
***Update***

Nick Chapman just called me and told me he lives about 2 miles from Flower Mound and he would be more than happy to swing by and share some tips and techniques with Jeff.

Thank you Nick!

sweet!

i looked at the map and it's showing around 200 miles. dont think my wife would be happy if i bailed on her for the weekend.
chris<pixelmonkey>:D

jsgntulok
03-27-2012, 10:05 PM
***Update

Thank you Nick!

I was going to recommend Nick Chapman. Glad he got in touch. I wish I still lived in Fort Worth so I could get in on this transformation.