PDA

View Full Version : Antenna Removal

Pages : [1] 2

Porsche Pilot
03-27-2012, 11:29 AM
I need some advice on how to remove the old school cellular antenna from a window. This is the two piece type with a backing plate glued to the inside glass and the other end glued to the outside glass. This thing is stuck on like concrete and I dont want to shatter the window. The window has tint on the inside which might make the use of a heat gun a gamble. Fishing line didn't do the trick.

alko
03-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Have them sign a waiver for the tint!

Ed...I'm taking a shot in the dark as I've have NEVER done something like this. Maybe use the heat gun on the opposite side of the window to heat it up and then use the fishing line or dental floss.

Porsche Pilot
03-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks Alex. No waiver...it's on my soon to be newly issued company car! I didnt think about the heat gun on the outside. I will certainly give that a shot. Thanks!

alko
03-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Ed you should keep it OG and keep the antenna...then find you an old school phone with a bag. Hang a disco ball from the mirror and then suade out the whole dash and doors. DO IT!!!

Porsche Pilot
03-27-2012, 11:40 AM
LOL...what makes you think I dont already have all that? You know how ole Porsche Pilot rolls. I really dont mind the antenna being there but it was put on crooked and is absolutely driving me insane.

alko
03-27-2012, 11:43 AM
hahahahhaah you're right!!! But somehow that doesn't surprise me one bit. LOL!!! Good luck man!

timaishu
03-27-2012, 12:06 PM
I always wanted a car phone. Its so old school I would feel rediuclous but awesome at the same time using it! Im the MAN

Flash Gordon
03-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Your just going to have to take your time and pry off a corner at a time Ed. Once you get it started the rest of it will pop right off

I have these really neat plastic blades that have different angles I use for situations like this

I always wanted a car phone. Its so old school I would feel rediuclous but awesome at the same time using it! Im the MAN

Ain't that the truth ^ :dblthumb2:

Porsche Pilot
03-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Your just going to have to take your time and pry off a corner at a time Ed. Once you get it started the rest of it will pop right off

I have these really neat plastic blades that have different angles I use for situations like this

Ain't that the truth ^ :dblthumb2:

Thanks much Flash! Solid advice as usual and I will give it a go.

Flash Gordon
03-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks much Flash! Solid advice as usual and I will give it a go.

Once you get it off you should re-apply it just for the awesome factor. Ppl will think your a big shot rollin down the street with a car phone

Yours,

Porsche Pilot
03-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Once you get it off you should re-apply it just for the awesome factor. Ppl will think your a big shot rollin down the street with a car phone

Yours,

HaHa...it will be even more awesome when I roll out wearing my parachute pants.

Flash Gordon
03-27-2012, 07:20 PM
< Just spit frapachino through my nose

HaHa...it will be even more awesome when I roll out wearing my parachute pants.

Flash Gordon
03-27-2012, 08:14 PM
My wife just gave me an idea :idea:

Use a plastic putty knife. Thats what she used to scrape my burnt dinner off the cooking tray

Eandras
03-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Ed you should keep it OG and keep the antenna...then find you an old school phone with a bag. Hang a disco ball from the mirror and then suade out the whole dash and doors. DO IT!!!

I have one of those Motorola bag phones in my basement. They were top of the line back in the early 1990's

Flash Gordon
03-27-2012, 08:23 PM
I heard there's a company that can take the 80's hottest phones and turn them digital

Screw the iphone