PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning and Protecting new Mustang Leather

clawlan
03-27-2012, 09:21 AM
I have a 2012 mustang with Brick Red and Cashmere interior (see avatar). I noticed the other day a faint black stain on the passenger seat and a few small grayish stains on the drivers seat. Since i bought the car, I have used Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Cleaner and Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. The cleaned takes of light stains but didn't even touch the black or gray stains. I know these seats are coated so you are really buying a products to treat the coating, rather than the leather itself, but this is what makes auto leather care so confusing!

Anyways. Anyone have a recommendation for a better stain remover and more importantly, a product that will hopefully protect the leather better from stains in the future (especially that white cashmere stripe)?

I have heard positive things about Zaino Z9/Z10, Griots, Lexol, and Meguiars.

01GreyStangGT
03-27-2012, 03:15 PM
I use Zymol leather cleaner and follow with their conditioner.

Mustang81
03-27-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm interested in this too. Being that it's coated leather, I don't think the conditioner is the right way to go. :confused:

Meticulous-Detail
03-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Ultima Interior Guard Plus for protection, Megs APC+ diluted 10to1 for cleaning stains and try a terry cloth towel. For light cleaning and protection I like Megs QID.

volrus
03-27-2012, 06:51 PM
From what I've gathered around here you might as well use a protectant like Aerospace 303, etc.

judyb
03-31-2012, 05:52 AM
This sounds like dye transfer from your description. Very common problem on car interiors and will nit be helped by using 'conditioners'.
You need to use protectors on your leather but make sure they are protectors and not just rebranded conditioners which many are.
To solve the dye transfer you have already you need to use Jean and dye transfer removers rather than regular leather cleaners as these formulations are not at the right strength to remove it.
When we last tested 303 did not work on leather but was great on fabrics.
Hope this helps
Judyb