PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgangs DGPS 3 vs Blackfire WDAFPP

Outcome Agent
03-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Anyone have experience with both products? My trial size of DGPS is empty now, so time to buy.

I'm very impressed with the wolfgangs, but seems like Blackfire is whats hot right now.

KneeDragr
03-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Ive never use the Wolfgang sealant, but another site ran a huge wax and sealant test and it was one of the only remaining 5 at the end of the test, along with 3 Zaino products and something else I forget. They also noticed that all of the 'polycharged' products ( which blackfire has ) seemed to die about half way through the test. They didnt specifically test blackfire sealant though.

Ive used Blackfire for a year on my DD and while it left a super slick finish, its shine diminished rather quickly and the beading went south if I didnt use its booster spray.

Based on this, I would say that Wolfgang is likely the more durable of the two. But blackfire is incredibly slick, and shines almost like a carnuba when its fresh. If you dont mind applying it every 2-3 months, Im sure it will suit your needs. Its an absolute dream to work with, easy on and off, can be applied to glass and plastic, does not stain trim.

silverfox
03-27-2012, 09:01 AM
There will always be a new "hot item" coming along luring you to abandon whatever it is you are currently using.

Both are really nice product lines. I think the WG will give you a more "sealant" look and lasts a bit longer...whereas the BFWD attempts to make a sealant look more wax-like (bridging the two), and it looks better in my opinion when topped with a booster product.

NFA
03-27-2012, 09:16 AM
I have both and can't decide on either. Can't go wrong with either IMO. Both are easy to apply and remove, both are glossy, durability I am not sure yet since my first application of DGPS is only a week old, and my BFWD application has not left the garage since I put it on a month ago.