PDA

View Full Version : What pads to use

Detailchick
03-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Hey guys I wanted to know what pads you suggest I should get for the following products... btw It would be for my Makita 9227C which right now it has the standard backing plate 7" velcro I've mostly used wool pads because I was taught the "old school way" but I know there's better stuff out there...

Meguiars #105 compound
Meguiars #205 polish
Meguiars #21 Sealant

Thanks in advance

The Pad Man
03-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Orange 105, white 205 and if you had to use that machine for sealant, use gold.

Kaban
03-26-2012, 03:42 PM
for m105 definitely wool pads

darkstar752
03-26-2012, 04:02 PM
for m105 definitely wool pads

Whoa, no. M105/wool pads is one of the MOST aggressive combos you can use and should be reserved for those rare, rock hard paints(lambo, corvette, Mercedes).

The Pad Man has the right idea, orange and white paired with both polishes will be great and suited for most paints. Also, I would drop down to a 5" backing plate and 5.5" pads, much more control and easier to adjust the cut.

Kaban
03-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Whoa, no. M105/wool pads is one of the MOST aggressive combos you can use and should be reserved for those rare, rock hard paints(lambo, corvette, Mercedes).

The Pad Man has the right idea, orange and white paired with both polishes will be great and suited for most paints. Also, I would drop down to a 5" backing plate and 5.5" pads, much more control and easier to adjust the cut.

depends on the speed you are using, paint hardness, and so forth. It's only as aggressive as you make it be. I can take a finishing pad with mild polish and make it aggressive too...

Detailchick
03-26-2012, 05:10 PM

I had a feeling I should go for a smaller backing plate I guess I just needed to hear it from someone else so thanks for the extra push lol

Kaban
03-26-2012, 05:12 PM
yeah get the flexible backing plate.... the white one.