PDA

View Full Version : Wofgang tire gel

Pages : [1] 2

NeverBuffEnuff
03-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I thought I would give this product a try. For years I have been trying to find a tire dressing that does not sling onto the wheels and down the sides of the car. I guess my search continues, or maybe there is no such thing, just hype from the product manufacturers.

Yes I followed the instructions on the bottle.

Suggestions anyone?

Brian

Nuke33
03-12-2007, 03:07 PM
I like Meg high indurance

dengood1
03-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Armor All Extreme Tire Gel.....you will be VERY happy. Always try to wipe/buff off excess after applying gels/protectants. Pinnacle Black Onyx gel is also quite nice.

bambo2888
03-12-2007, 07:31 PM
i really do swear by the rare Turtle Wax Platium Tire Gel, it comes with a cool container and applicator. It is, however, rare and expensive ($9) for an OTC product, at least.

The shine is rediculously strong and the sling is minimal/none if you wipe with a towel (MF, preferably) after it sits for 15 min. I get NO sling when i do it this way. But like ALL other tire shine products, it will sling if you apply thick and don't wipe/let dry.

good luck.

Surfer
03-12-2007, 08:02 PM
The only tire gel I got some sling from was Megs Endurance High Gloss, it's really thick and doesn't spread like others do. So on my suv's A/T tires, the letters and grooves catch some of the gel in globs. Armor All Extreme Gel on the other hand, love it, spreads like water, last long time, and no sling. Only need to use a little as it goes a long way, and though doesn't look anything special for the 1st couple minutes, the bling factor shoots up after it sets.

Try applying a thin coat. But also what tires do you have b/c some tires just don't go well with some products. My sisters Goodyears on her suv don't seem to like tire gels for some reason. Whereas my Michellin A/T's do, though she has more street orientated tires so not sure of the makeup is different.

dengood1
03-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Only need to use a little as it goes a long way, and though doesn't look anything special for the 1st couple minutes, the bling factor shoots up after it sets.

You said it. BLING BLING after 5 minutes.

Surfer
03-12-2007, 08:10 PM
You said it. BLING BLING after 5 minutes.1st time I used it, I made the mistake of applying another coat b/c I stood back and was like "damn that's a really matte finish for a gel", so did anothe rcoat and came back like 10 minutes later. Wow...my tires actually had reflections lol, looked like something out of an MTV video.

dengood1
03-12-2007, 08:18 PM
1st time I used it, I made the mistake of applying another coat b/c I stood back and was like "damn that's a really matte finish for a gel", so did anothe rcoat and came back like 10 minutes later. Wow...my tires actually had reflections lol, looked like something out of an MTV video.

That's hilarious......I did the same thing! Went to leave a couple of hours later and was like "holy sh*t!!!"

Reddwarf
03-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I thought I would give this product a try. For years I have been trying to find a tire dressing that does not sling onto the wheels and down the sides of the car. I guess my search continues, or maybe there is no such thing, just hype from the product manufacturers.

Suggestions anyone?

Brian

Really? That's a shame. I've been wanting to try it too. I have been using the DP Gloss Tire Gel (http://www.autogeek.net/dp330.html) with good success. I did get some sling once but I think it was becuase I put on too much. I now apply a very small amount using a Cobra tire dressing pad (http://www.autogeek.net/td511.html).

Perhaps you could try it again and apply sparingly. Let is sit for 15 minutes and wipe off with an old MF. Maybe that would do the trick.

dengood1
03-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Really? That's a shame. I've been wanting to try it too. I have been using the DP Gloss Tire Gel (http://www.autogeek.net/dp330.html) with good success. I did get some sling once but I think it was becuase I put on too much. I now apply a very small amount using a Cobra tire dressing pad (http://www.autogeek.net/td511.html).

Perhaps you could try it again and apply sparingly. Let is sit for 15 minutes and wipe off with an old MF. Maybe that would do the trick.

If you like the DP gel, you will absolutely LOVE the Pinnacle Black Onyx gel.

supercharged
03-13-2007, 02:04 AM

Suggestions anyone?

Brian
Great stuff! Lasts about 2 weeks, gives you that perfect tire finish.
Well worth the money.

orngez
03-13-2007, 03:52 AM
there is a tire dressing i like that autogeek does not sell...popular brand that worked really well...but the key to any tire dressing is wipe off the excess...the stuff sitting on top of the tire like you spread jelly all over your tires makes them look really blingy and nice when the tires aren't rotating...but thats when you get the sling...after applying any tire product let it sit for a while then wipe it down with a microfiber towel to sop up the extra...it may not be as shiny but i would prefer 10 percent less shine over having a bunch of sling off to clean up...how a tire dressing makes your tires look should be measured by how they look after a wipe down...

Meghan
03-13-2007, 11:45 AM
I would like to address the first part of this post, in reference to the WG slinging. The WG tire gel works just like most other gels. Key is to put it on thin, do not let it pool in the raised letters, or puddle around the edge of the tire where the wheel meets.
It is water based and will be absorbed by the rubber unless too much is applied or if pooling is occurring. It is also best to let it sit for an hour, this will give the tire time to absorb the product well, and this can vary depending on the temperature outside.
If applied this way you should not receive one ounce of sling. Just a personal note, I use this and the Pinnacle Gel and have received sling before but entirely do to me being lazy AKA I have raised letters! Enough said!:p

NeverBuffEnuff
03-14-2007, 12:49 PM
I will try again trying to use less than I did, and will follow up with a towel to remove excess. I usually do that anyway.

Brian

NeverBuffEnuff
03-15-2007, 04:33 PM
One thing I noticed today after I washed the car is the dressing didn't disappear like most do after one washing. All I did was wipe them with a towel and I have the desired satin look and they certainly won't sling now. I will have to play with this stuff and try a few things.

Brian