PDA

View Full Version : Wet Mirror Glaze/BlackFire Questions

OhTwoGT
03-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Alright, about a week ago I polished my hood with the D300 and the Megs cutting microfiber pad, got pretty good results. I then applied the BlackFire gloss enhancing polish and topped that with BFWDPS and then put Midnight sun over that. I loved the look of it but the beading wasnt to my liking, it was beading the same as my 6 months old AutoGlym HD wax on the roof of my car. My question is, what is the BEST way to apply BFWDPS and midnight sun? Do I apply it and let it haze over then remove or are they WOWO products?

My next question is, can I layer BFWDPS over ChemicalGuys Wet Mirror Finish glaze? or is that glaze similar to BFWDPS?

embolism
03-26-2012, 10:23 AM
did you let the BFWDPS cure for 8-12 hours after wiping it off before topping it with midnight sun?

OhTwoGT
03-26-2012, 10:32 AM
I did not, is that the reason I am not seeing the tight beading I was expecting?

silverfox
03-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Sealants and even waxes can go over most CG glazes...the trick is to make sure any excess Glaze is completely wiped off. I would suggest you go instead with CG EZ Creme glaze instead of wet mirror only because EZ Creme is the perfect pre-LSP glaze right before BFWD. I've done it many times with stunning results. I've only used Wet Mirror on top of an LSP right before a car show.

Also a new glaze called Wet Glaze 2.0 in my opinion is the perfect glaze like none other. Its totally acrylic based, no cleaners, no abrasives...just a pure glaze that goes under or even over ANY sealant or wax without washing off, and without any bonding issues. Can be layered over itself as well. No Glaze that I know of can do this. Google it.

Waxmax
03-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Wet Glaze 2.0 is excellent and as said can be used over wax. It's been around for a couple years now, just not on AG. Similar to EZ Creme but without the mild cleaners in EZC.