PDA

View Full Version : water waste

Pages : [1] 2

StephenK
03-12-2007, 02:46 PM
just wondering how the mobile detailers on here deal with water reclaimtion? where is it being disposed of after your reclaimation tank is full. i need ideas and what i can do with all the dirty water after washing a vehicle. i know the EPA dont and wont allow to run off into storm drains. and i dont want to take the chance considering they can fine you on the spot $1000 per car. thanks for all input

gator1
03-12-2007, 04:43 PM
As far as I no such law here in FL,if thier is I nvere haerd about.

Grimm
03-12-2007, 07:09 PM
That's the exact reason why a lot of people have gone to using a rinseless wash like ONR.

StephenK
03-12-2007, 10:59 PM
how excately do the rinseless washes work? you still have to use water right?

PhaRO
03-12-2007, 11:49 PM
how excately do the rinseless washes work? you still have to use water right?

Yes you use water but not very much. I started using rinseless washes here and there and year ago. More I used it the more that I like it. Around the first of the year I switch over to rinseless for all of my mobile work (one or two cars a week I will pressure wash first to get mud off). There are many threads on how it is used. I don't know what it works, only that it does. I've been using Optimums No Rinse. Very little water will hit the ground.

Grimm
03-13-2007, 07:04 AM
It's the same as conventional washing, but you don't rinse, you just wipe off the wash water with a towel. From what I've read, the soap is made so that the dirt particles are trapped inside the molecules of the soap. That way it doesn't scrape against the finish, and sort of sticks to your mitt or whatever you use to wash until you rinse it off in the bucket.

supercharged
03-14-2007, 04:16 AM
read Justin's review on DP 4-in-1:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/detailing-forum/4282-how-i-wash-vehicles-time-saving.html

ryandamartini
03-14-2007, 04:32 AM
As far as I no such law here in FL,if thier is I nvere haerd about.

Oh, yes there is.... We are mandated to have one at work at our store.

To the OP, it is considered hazardous waste and you can call a sewage or similar truck out to pump it, save work orders :)

Craig
03-14-2007, 12:37 PM
This seems crazy to me. But that's me. So, if you wash your car in your drive way and run off goes to the street is that hazardous waste also? Or, does this only apply to someone doing business as a detailer.

StephenK
03-14-2007, 12:48 PM
This seems crazy to me. But that's me. So, if you wash your car in your drive way and run off goes to the street is that hazardous waste also? Or, does this only apply to someone doing business as a detailer. from what i have been able to find ( i am in illinois maybe different where you are) just washing car in driveway would be "hazardous water" due to the chemicals used in the water to clean with

Craig
03-14-2007, 01:44 PM
So if you're washing your car and the wrong person sees you, (or the neighbor you hate, you know the one with the cat she seen you toss 20 feet because it was on your hood) calls = fine?

StephenK
03-14-2007, 01:47 PM
that is the way i am understanding it. i am waiting on a response from the E.P.A. i asked them what they consider waste water and asked where i can dispose of it leagally. explained to them i was looking to open a at home detail shop or possible mobile detailing service.

Craig
03-14-2007, 01:48 PM
What's next!!!!!!! What a bunch of #*#!!

Craig
03-14-2007, 01:50 PM
I guess if you clean your bath tub and rinse it out your putting hazmat down the drain.= fine

StephenK
03-14-2007, 01:53 PM
i dont know. that is why i am waiting to hear from E.P.A. i think its all a bunch of crap too