PDA

View Full Version : Which sealant can take 110 degrees all summer?

Pages : [1] 2

Jomax
03-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Which sealant will take that kind if abuse and last throughout the majority of the summer?trying not to wax or polish from June-sept. My truck is a DD, parked outside, and being black lets me be able to cook on the hood. Thanks

sportscarhiatus
03-25-2012, 11:05 PM
If you want something that truly lasts, go with Opticoat...

If sealant, I've had great luck with Jetseal and 4Star UPP... not sure if it withstands 110 degs, but it's been good to me.

supercharged
03-26-2012, 12:55 AM
sealant will last you through 110 degrees, should not be a problem...I'd apply 2 coats just to make sure you have an even coverage...

bimmer325!
03-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Klasse High gloss

Jomax
03-26-2012, 08:43 AM
If you want something that truly lasts, go with Opticoat...

If sealant, I've had great luck with Jetseal and 4Star UPP... not sure if it withstands 110 degs, but it's been good to me.

My problem with opti coat is, being a beginner I won't get all the imperfections the first time and don't don't want to seal in scratches I didn't get out. Opti coat is in my future though:)

Jomax
03-26-2012, 08:44 AM
sealant will last you through 110 degrees, should not be a problem...I'd apply 2 coats just to make sure you have an even coverage...

Thanks, I'll be applying 2 coats for sure!

Setec Astronomy
03-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Here's an idea, a lot of people like this, doesn't seem to get much play here at AG though: Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1000p-wax.html)

SpoiledMan
03-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Here's an idea, a lot of people like this, doesn't seem to get much play here at AG though: Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1000p-wax.html)

Go to product for me.

KneeDragr
03-26-2012, 09:14 AM
I doubt anything but OptiCoat could survive a black car parked outside for an entire summer with 110 degree heat. Fk1000p is great, but I doubt it lasts 6 weeks in those conditions.

KneeDragr
03-26-2012, 09:17 AM
My problem with opti coat is, being a beginner I won't get all the imperfections the first time and don't don't want to seal in scratches I didn't get out. Opti coat is in my future though:)

A light polish will remove the Opticoat, so that really shoudent be a consideration. If you seal in some scratches, so what, polish them out the next time you polish just like you would with a traditional sealant or wax.

Jomax
03-26-2012, 10:16 AM
A light polish will remove the Opticoat, so that really shoudent be a consideration. If you seal in some scratches, so what, polish them out the next time you polish just like you would with a traditional sealant or wax.

You're making me think hard about it, from reading it doesn't seem too hard to apply either.

Waxmax
03-26-2012, 10:48 AM
C Quartz is another option to OC....also CG's Lava.

KneeDragr
03-26-2012, 11:01 AM
You're making me think hard about it, from reading it doesn't seem too hard to apply either.

I wouldent worry about the application either. If you notice something a few days later just break out a light polish and remove it, IPA it and lay some more down.

I dont use opticoat because my cars are all garage kept and parked mostly in the shade or in a parking garage during the day. I also enjoy waxing them.

But if I had a car in the conditions you describe, especially a black one, it would be a no brainer IMO since those conditions are really too harsh to expect a traditional product to last the duration you are after.

HellDemon
03-26-2012, 11:48 AM

Apparently applying is unbelievably easy; if you get any uneven parts, you can polish it lightly to smooth it out, and if you're very gentle about it, would probably still have the OC still under there; just more level.

Also you can layer it too; you don't need to layer more than 1 coat, but that just means that if you polish out a certain section, you can reapply to just that area without any problems when you overlap with the edges of the un-polished OC.

C Quartz is another option to OC....also CG's Lava.

Mmm lava isn't a permanent coating though; it is just a standard carnauba-like LSP

sportscarhiatus
03-26-2012, 12:51 PM

Good thought!!! I forgot about FK1000p. Yes, this is another good hi temper, and it looks decent too. Is it the best looking? No... but hey, life's a compromise. Souveran looks great, but has the durability of a child's attention span with advanced ADD.