PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Fenton, MI

Pages : [1] 2

DJFirestorm07
03-25-2012, 10:54 PM
How's it going everyone? Fresh and new here. Name's Eugene. I've been doing some detailing on the side for a few years, and finally decided to get serious and replenish my inventory with some products that I've used in the past or were recommended by fellow detailers in the area.

I've gotten a lot of experience within the last couple years, and figured it would be a good time to take the next step. I've done continuous research and have had my fair share of product testing. I've been told that this passion/hobby of mine has made me pretty good at what I do. I still consider myself a novice and hope to learn much more.

With that said, this will be my first year doing detailing for people outside of my family. I hope to get a good reputation in the area and gain some regulars. =)

Here is my order from tonight.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7564/glosswerksorder3.jpg

richy
03-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Eugene, there are several 'Geeks here from Michigan and a few of us from across the river too! Welcome. Your order looks good. I'd substitute DG 105 for your PB one, but that's just me. I am a huge DG fan!! The Forever black I would also substitute for Solution Finish. Use Ultima UTTG on the cars that don't need dying.

DP200248721
03-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Welcome, I have quite a few friends from Fenton, I'm originally from up north (Alpena area).

DJFirestorm07
03-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Eugene, there are several 'Geeks here from Michigan and a few of us from across the river too! Welcome. Your order looks good. I'd substitute DG 105 for your PB one, but that's just me. I am a huge DG fan!! The Forever black I would also substitute for Solution Finish. Use Ultima UTTG on the cars that don't need dying.

The Forever Black dye is actually for my car, the trim around the windows and the moldings is spotted and really faded. I've tried numerous different products with little luck. The next step is the dye, otherwise, there is little chance that something like Black WOW, or Solution Finish will help. Most of the vinyl dressings that I've used only worked for a few days, and the trim began to fade again.

DJFirestorm07
03-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Welcome, I have quite a few friends from Fenton, I'm originally from up north (Alpena area).

Thanks for the welcome! Fenton is really a nice little town. I enjoy it.

vet
03-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Welcome from NW Illinois!

I was in Fenton once, probably 10 years ago, in mid-September. Nice area.

Chris's FX4
03-26-2012, 11:17 AM
:welcome:

DJFirestorm07
03-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome fellas?

Oh, and Richy...I'm not that great at acronyms. lol

Sorang06
03-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Welcome, Im from Grand Rapids.

DJFirestorm07
03-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Hmmm, Scott Orange? The name sounds very familiar...we've got several mutual friends if I'm not mistaken. I used to be in MIGPC, know quite a bit of the guys from the west side.

lokerola
03-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Welcome to AG Eugene.

DJFirestorm07
03-30-2012, 01:15 AM
Thanks! :)

MI Mike
03-30-2012, 07:22 AM
:welcome::wave:

I may be 60 miles north. But, Welcome neighbor.

JustOneSlipper
03-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Hey Eugene, I'm always eating breakfast or lunch at the French Laundry down there! I'm in Grand Blanc. Maybe I'll see some of your work around town and maybe you'll see me too. I'm easy to spot with my white Fiat 500 and all. Good luck to you on the detailing!

Mike Phillips
03-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Hi Eugene,

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

Looks like a pretty good collection of products, you might get more replies if you start a dedicated thread in Detailing 101 and word the title to show that your asking for input versus saying "hello".

That way people will know you're looking for input...

Also, consider a copy of my how-to book...

Paperback
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/715/medium/paperbackDetailingBook01.jpg (http://www.autogeek.net/art-of-detailing-paperback-book.html)

:xyxthumbs: