PDA

View Full Version : My GG 6" polish fried up!! :(

Maxstart
03-25-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm going to call them tomorrow to ask about the warranty, but does anyone know the warranty on these? I have had it for like 2 years. It's been great but if the warranty is no good should I get another one or go with the flex?

Setec Astronomy
03-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Unless my brain is fried along with your polisher, Griot's products have a lifetime warranty.

VISITOR
03-25-2012, 10:41 PM
the GG6/GG3 have a lifetime warranty and it should be honored for the most part, unless it was from a non-authorized retailer. call and find out for sure...

Marc08EX
03-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Lifetime warranty. If you bought it from AG, then contact them. If not, contact Griot's directly.

Danube
03-25-2012, 11:01 PM
You may also get the Flex .. just in case ;-)

Maxstart
03-25-2012, 11:25 PM
I was thinking it had a lifetime warranty and I did get it direct from them. It was before I learned about AG. Well... I'm glad to hear about that.

richy
03-25-2012, 11:43 PM
When you strictly look at the specs and compare the GG to the Megs, on paper, the GG wins. BUT, there are enough people with problems that I elected to go with the Megs unit. No problems, no down time and it performs great. Warranties are something that should never HAVE to be used IMO. Sorry to hear about your experience. You're not alone.

Spiney
03-25-2012, 11:59 PM
When you strictly look at the specs and compare the GG to the Megs, on paper, the GG wins. BUT, there are enough people with problems that I elected to go with the Megs unit. No problems, no down time and it performs great. Warranties are something that should never HAVE to be used IMO. Sorry to hear about your experience. You're not alone.

I see your point but 6-8 months ago when I was looking to buy, the tables were turned. Everyone was having issues with the Meguiar's unit. This was before the new revised unit came out. I do agree a warranty is good, especially a lifetime one. But if they have a high failure rate, that's no good either. In the past I used to laugh at Huyndias 10 year 100k mile warranty. But now they do build a good product.

I guess GG's having a bad run in China, where everything except the Cyclo is made.

IOMCAMARO
03-26-2012, 01:30 AM
PCs are made in Mexico iirc.

Capa1970
03-26-2012, 05:21 PM
PCs are made in Mexico iirc.

I believe a certain percentage are also made in China. If you've been here long enough all of the DA buffers have had issues.

The Meg's cord issue got so bad that the rumors were that they had to halt production temporarily. Many here have posted of the cord issue.

Just a couple of months ago more than 10 people posted about issues with the PC. Apparently its build quality used to be bullet-proof, but that is no longer the case.

The Griots also has had issues, as several have posted. Again, that is why the longer the warranty, the better. All machines have their occasional issues, which is why it is better to go with the one with the life-time warranty. Don't believe the hype that this machine is unbreakable or that that machine is ultra-reliable. It is a machine, it is fallible and inevitably it will have issues.

BobbyG
03-26-2012, 05:26 PM
There seems to be a lot of this going around lately.......:awman:

VISITOR
03-27-2012, 01:29 AM
I believe a certain percentage are also made in China. If you've been here long enough all of the DA buffers have had issues.

The Meg's cord issue got so bad that the rumors were that they had to halt production temporarily. Many here have posted of the cord issue.

Just a couple of months ago more than 10 people posted about issues with the PC. Apparently its build quality used to be bullet-proof, but that is no longer the case.

The Griots also has had issues, as several have posted. Again, that is why the longer the warranty, the better. All machines have their occasional issues, which is why it is better to go with the one with the life-time warranty. Don't believe the hype that this machine is unbreakable or that that machine is ultra-reliable. It is a machine, it is fallible and inevitably it will have issues.

the GG6, G110's, and PCXP all have had their fair share of problems and any man-made product can be subject to failure at any given time. some may want more power/features, some may look at price, and some may look at the warranty when deciding on purchasing one. it comes down to what you want...

bmwgeek
03-27-2012, 02:32 AM
Is the FLex 3401 made in Germany or China?