PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna

Pages : [1] 2

P1et
03-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I've been reading some great stuff about Menzerna polishes.

1) Are there plans for AG to add this product to their line-up as a high-end polish?

2) I am looking for a very fine finishing polish and am looking at PO85RD or 106FF. If they are 1.5 / 5 and 2.5 / 5 respectively on the abrasiveness scale, where can I put SSR1?

Nica
03-12-2007, 01:13 PM

1) Are there plans for AG to add this product to their line-up as a high-end polish?

With all the commotion this Menzerna has caused I'm really interested on the feed back you are going to get with the first question. Sounds like a good product, I'd be willing to spend the extra cash for this product if AG choose to stock it.

Looking forward to the feed back.

Sorry P1et, don't know much about Menzerna...can't help you there my friend.

P1et
03-12-2007, 03:04 PM
I feel the same way you do Nica. It's expensive stuff, but I would be more than willing to invest in something like that if it's for my personal vehicles...

Al-53
03-12-2007, 03:48 PM
PO85RD is discontinued in this country..PO106FF is available....Would be nice if AG could carry them ..but seems like the distributorship is limited...the Intensive polish sold here is different than the European version...the stuff here is PO91L I believe..and the stuff in Europe is PO85RD3-3.02...that version is the cermanic clear version...or the so called PRO version...

This stuff is far from cheap...50.00 a quart...for the PO85RD and PO106FF...and one has to be bought from Europe so shipping is not cheap either...

I know Scott said AG is trying to get the line..but also said it will be a hard product to catch...

I say in time Max will be able to carry the line..just have to wait and see...

Al

P1et
03-12-2007, 04:17 PM
I have already found quite a few companies who have PO85RD in stock. Yes, it's expensive at $50 for 32 oz. but in my book it's worth it if it's the cream of the crop. I think that if it's good enough for high-end Italian sports cars, it must be good enough for my Dodge!

Don't get me wrong, I love Poorboys, but I will use that on the "other" cars I'm detailing. I feel that my baby deserves that little extra!!!

ScottB
03-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Menzerna is not currently looking for additional US distributors. When and if AG carries it, well the forum will likely be the first group in the know.

Optimum and XMT make nice substitutes !

BILL
03-12-2007, 05:06 PM

2) I am looking for a very fine finishing polish and am looking at PO85RD or 106FF. If they are 1.5 / 5 and 2.5 / 5 respectively on the abrasiveness scale, where can I put SSR1?

Haven't tryed the PO85RD but can say they the FINAL POLISH 11 is awesome.......with the EDGE 2K WAVE WHITE PAD... also the FINISHING TOUCH GLAZE is very easy to use topped with WGDG or souveran paste or liquid or both......:cheers:

HighEndDetail
03-12-2007, 06:42 PM
I am looking forward to these. I will get my OP tomorrow, and will see how it works. I have use all the menzerna line. There soap sucks(IMO) I have used the PG, 106, IP, and FPII, FMJ which all work very well.
Now I REALLY like the Detailer'sPride Super Swirl Elimintor( which has been discountinued):mad::mad::mad:. I could use any type pad and get great results. It worked that well.

BILL
03-12-2007, 06:48 PM
I am looking forward to these. I will get my OP tomorrow, and will see how it works. I have use all the menzerna line. There soap sucks(IMO) I have used the PG, 106, IP, and FPII, FMJ which all work very well.
Now I REALLY like the Detailer'sPride Super Swirl Elimintor( which has been discountinued):mad::mad::mad:. I could use any type pad and get great results. It worked that well.

i know.......they also discontiued the final finish polish

why?????? they decided :(

ScottB
03-12-2007, 06:51 PM
all of the line, outside of the polishes, for Menzerna is rebottled and likely repackaged products from another US vendor (see bottles for hint). Dont think because it has the name, its all the same.

Highend, might wanna try the updated Pinnacle twins. Good stuff, just might make you forget the DP cousins.

ryandamartini
03-12-2007, 07:05 PM
I have a new signature :)

For finishing polishes, Im rooting for ssr1.

malmeh
03-12-2007, 07:25 PM
:iagree:
With all the commotion this Menzerna has caused I'm really interested on the feed back you are going to get with the first question. Sounds like a good product, I'd be willing to spend the extra cash for this product if AG choose to stock it.

Looking forward to the feed back.

Sorry P1et, don't know much about Menzerna...can't help you there my friend.

:iagree:

justin_murphy
03-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Menzerna is not currently looking for additional US distributors. When and if AG carries it, well the forum will likely be the first group in the know.

I've used most of the Menzerna products and the new Pinnacle Twins walks all over them. I mean it. The Twins have tons of work time, no dusting, and finishes down so smooth. Most of you saw me use ASR to remove scratches with the PC on Lexxus' Camry.

I doubt AG will carry Menzerna anytime soon.

Get the Twins or XMT. They cost a lot less and you will support the company that gave us this forum!

justin_murphy
03-12-2007, 07:45 PM

ED, you know I too like SSR. It's the best polish for the money......or any money in my opinion. Now, it's gone. I now use the Twins like I've posted. I still have 5, 16oz. bottles of SSR though. It will get used too!

jfsully
03-12-2007, 07:53 PM
I hate to disagree with the pros but, It is my understanding that the Menzerna P0106FF is one of the only polishes formulated for the superhard Ceramiclear finishes that Mercedes now uses. The finishes are extremly hard to polish (especially for us amateurs).

I said before I ordered the Menzerna, I hate to order from sites other than AG but, if what I was told is true, maybe we need to be a little less Rah RAh and admit there is a very good product that AG doesnt carry.:rolleyes:

see prior threads from january titled Mercedes "ceramiclear" clear coat