03-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Ok i have been doing quite a
Bit of cars and I'm
Wondering what the flex can offer
Me over the GG polisher ? I i go with the flex I'll have a
Mint GG for sale ;)

poweraid
03-25-2012, 09:37 AM
flex 3401 is a great machine . I wouldn't do without it . even though I just picked up a pe-14 , which I will have some learning to do, I will still keep my 3401. keep the gg6 . I use it for wax/sealant application and for those areas where I may need to go to 3-4 inch pad

BobbyG
03-25-2012, 09:39 AM
:iagree:

Chad's given you some great advise and has two top notch machines!! :dblthumb2:

Motogoon
03-25-2012, 10:03 AM
What's up bobby and thanks for the advice . I say this because I did about four corrections this week and I just feel destroyed like I'm over working my own body with this thing. What does the flex do
Different remove defects better or faster ? I noticed with the GG it was a little all over the place at some
Times and I did
Need constant pressure to
Remove swirls and make sure the pad was spinning

ArkayoDeetayo
03-25-2012, 12:10 PM
About a month ago I'd tell you to:
Buy flex for corrections since it will save you time being able to correct faster than a GG6, and keep the GG6 for the ability to switch to a smaller backing plate/pad

But now the Flex has switchable backing plates 4/6, so I would sell the GG6 to pay for the Flex and the backing plates and just keep one machine

BobbyG
03-25-2012, 01:10 PM
What's up bobby and thanks for the advice . I say this because I did about four corrections this week and I just feel destroyed like I'm over working my own body with this thing. What does the flex do
Different remove defects better or faster ? I noticed with the GG it was a little all over the place at some
Times and I did
Need constant pressure to
Remove swirls and make sure the pad was spinning

The Flex 3401 is nicely engineered and solidly built. It's a well balanced machine and incorporates forced rotation. If you're not familiar with forced rotation it means that the backing plate is gear driven so pad rotation is a constant and not pressure dependent.

Working with the Flex 3401 is easier and more efficient than with the Porter Cable type machines due to the forced rotation. Regardless of downward force or pressure the pad will continue to rotate removing surface defects much more efficiently.

Paint correction is tough work, period. Correcting with a rotary is quicker due to it aggressiveness but it takes some practice and experience

Danube
03-25-2012, 06:30 PM
I've sold my Megs DA as soon as I bought 3401.

In my opinion no other DA compares to 3401, however you'll see many people telling you to buy different DA's. Even for wax/sealant application nothing is better then 3401.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-25-2012, 06:37 PM
The Flex 3401 is nicely engineered and solidly built. It's a well balanced machine and incorporates forced rotation. If you're not familiar with forced rotation it means that the backing plate is gear driven so pad rotation is a constant and not pressure dependent.

Working with the Flex 3401 is easier and more efficient than with the Porter Cable type machines due to the forced rotation. Regardless of downward force or pressure the pad will continue to rotate removing surface defects much more efficiently.

Paint correction is tough work, period. Correcting with a rotary is quicker due to it aggressiveness but it takes some practice and experience
Good post, Bobby.

I find a traditional DA much easier to control, though. You can still get excellent cut with the G110v2 or GG6, especially with the invention of the MF pads.