PDA

View Full Version : Debating on Cquartz

05rsx911
03-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Soo Like the title says im debating on Cquartz, I have reload and I loved how clean it stayed, people would asked if I cleaned my car that day and it had been a week. On the other hand I like detailing my car and its a stress reliever Plus I have a massive surplus of stuff I will never use in my lifetime since joining. I know if I coat my car with Cquartz I can't use half the stuff on my car, But I love the self cleaning and the protection ill get, should I make the jump or no.

Old Tiger
03-24-2012, 09:41 PM
I had the same struggle. I had a syringe of Opti Coat original for more than a year before I took the plunge, There are other spray boosters you can try. I gave away all my waxes and sealants . I have no regrets. I embrace the new technology. It gives you a hard measurable barrier between the elements and your clearcoat that NO sealant or wax can provide. I personaly havent tried CQ but I hear a lot of great things about it!

Kaban
03-24-2012, 09:44 PM
ckortz is a bunch of mumbo jumbo. i heard guys saying it don't even last 6 months in daily use.

05rsx911
03-24-2012, 09:56 PM
I've read nothing but good things about Cquartz and Opti coat, I've got roughly 3 bottles of reload on my self, I've also been eyballing element 119. I just feel I want a higher level of protection for my DD, and I know reload was amazing at repeling dirt and water spots so I figure c quartz could only be better. Opti coat is always an option I just dunno if I know the differences other than opticoat is a lifetime coating, Does it release dirt and water spots as well as Cquartz

A-train
03-24-2012, 10:04 PM
I've read nothing but good things about Cquartz and Opti coat, I've got roughly 3 bottles of reload on my self, I've also been eyballing element 119. I just feel I want a higher level of protection for my DD, and I know reload was amazing at repeling dirt and water spots so I figure c quartz could only be better. Opti coat is always an option I just dunno if I know the differences other than opticoat is a lifetime coating, Does it release dirt and water spots as well as Cquartz

It's certainly not impervious to waterspots but it does repel them a great deal and I'd you do get them they are easy to get off.

CEE DOG
03-25-2012, 01:31 AM
In my experience it both looks and lasts. The first time I used it I didn't prep the paint cleanly enough. Now using it with eraser i haven't seen any decrease in beading and sheeting on cars I've applied it to.

Get the paint clean, CQ, allow to haze, buff off, and give it one hour before allowing it to get wet.

Avi@CarPro
03-25-2012, 01:43 AM
ckortz is a bunch of mumbo jumbo. i heard guys saying it don't even last 6 months in daily use.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/34850-matt-s-c-quartz-durability-update-thread-10-month-update-5.html

05rsx911
03-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Thx for chiming in Corey and Avi, Looks like I think im gonna give Cquartz a shot, I've already got fixer, eraser, tarx, reload,

I do have a question, Will using tar x on the cquartz weaken the coat or will I not even really need a dedicated tar remover after Cquartz is on

Avi@CarPro
03-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Thx for chiming in Corey and Avi, Looks like I think im gonna give Cquartz a shot, I've already got fixer, eraser, tarx, reload,

I do have a question, Will using tar x on the cquartz weaken the coat or will I not even really need a dedicated tar remover after Cquartz is on
No,
nothing will remover the coat once its dry, no ironX, TarX, APC..whatever
the whole opposite... it will revive the hydrophobic effect from the Cquartz , same as you see in the post above here, which used apc on that car..

05rsx911
03-25-2012, 09:12 PM
I've been seeing alot of people say to put more than one layer on, I've got a 2005 Acura Rsx-s, will the 30ml kit only have enough for one coat, do I need to buy extra for another coat, Being as this is My DD but also my baby I wanna keep it looking good and have maximum protection

CEE DOG
03-25-2012, 11:40 PM
No, it takes very little. Two coats will not be a problem with 30ml. Apply nice and thin and have some left over still.

richy
03-25-2012, 11:45 PM
That's bullsh(t. I have had it on my Lincoln for over a year and it's great. I still have it on my old FX35 that I sold to my neighbour. He washed it today and it looks amazing and is still sheeting water well. Slower, yes, but still well.