PDA

View Full Version : designing my detailing business card help

SON1C
03-24-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm working on my card, what should I include

right now i'm basically saying all the things i can do, number, company name, and call for pricing

Flash Gordon
03-24-2012, 06:09 PM
If you have a website or facebook I would ad that

Don't clutter it up with a bunch of garbage

DealerDetailer
03-24-2012, 06:13 PM
If you have a website or facebook I would ad that

Don't clutter it up with a bunch of garbage

Flash is once again, dead right!

Website, gotta add that.

You looking to do a double-sided card or only single-side?

SON1C
03-24-2012, 07:37 PM
I plan on adding a real domain, but for now I'll just attach a facebook link, i guess just put www.facebook.com/drewsdetailing ?

Mike McDonald
03-24-2012, 07:38 PM
My card on the front has:

Business Name
My Name
Phone Number
Email
Website

On bottom I have "Appointment information on back"

Appointment

For
Date
Time
Service

Keep it neat, keep it clean, and easy to read. Nobody wants a cluttered business card. Good luck!!

DJFirestorm07
03-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Let me know if you need any help with design...I'm someone good at making business cards / logo's. =)

nickgodfrey
03-25-2012, 07:47 AM
I use Vistaprint for my cards, flyers, etc. They have a lot nice layouts you can customize, and the prices are nice too. They're designs really help keep it clean.

Flash Gordon
03-25-2012, 08:11 AM
I use Vistaprint for my cards, flyers, etc. They have a lot nice layouts you can customize, and the prices are nice too. They're designs really help keep it clean.

I made the $10 mistake of buying from them. Absolute garbage IMO

Use quality card stock

Flash Gordon
03-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Let me know if you need any help with design...I'm someone good at making business cards / logo's. =)

I might want to test your skills soon if the offer is open?

I would insist you get paid something for your time

Buggy Bath
03-25-2012, 09:23 AM
I have a detail business but it is not something I want to do forever so I ordered business cards that are generic. It just has my name on front and phone on back and email in back corner (smaller font).

It think less is more. If you clutter your card with crap people won't read it. The real sell is in your communication. You want them to remember you, and you have to remember that that business card costs money so you don't just give it out to people on a whim. Only give it out if you are pretty sure you are getting money back in the form of business. Especially if you pay a lot of money for them. A good professional card can be $1 each.

BTW, I get a ton of compliments on my business card because it is pretty bold. It says something about you that you only have your name and contact info-just make an impression on them and they will remember you and wont need all the details on the card.

For people that are just kind of thinking about it and want more information. Just refer them to a website or Facebook.

If you order cards I would order a heavy stock so they are durable, so the corners are not easily bent in wallet or business card holder.

nickgodfrey
03-25-2012, 09:34 AM
I made the $10 mistake of buying from them. Absolute garbage IMO

Use quality card stock

IMO, Flash is hating on everything I've said in the past 24 hours!

Vistaprint works for me. All my stuff matches, is recognizable, and easy to re order. Call it junk of you want, I've had no issues with any of it. Most of my business cards get stuck on bulletin boards, or attached to larger promotional things like flyers or rack cards. They do just fine and I've gotten quite a few calls just from putting them up around town.

DJFirestorm07
03-26-2012, 09:18 AM
I might want to test your skills soon if the offer is open?

I would insist you get paid something for your time

I've done a few different t-shirt designs, banners, business cards, and flyers for a few car clubs, and a few businesses. If you decide you need the help, let me know.

Also, I agree that Vistaprint is garbage unless you spend some coin there. Get the heavy and glossy cardstock. It's always nice to present a business card that looks good.