PDA

View Full Version : CLeaning Sealant from Pads

Pages : [1] 2

dtbernstein87
03-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Hey - I have blackfire sealant that I applied and put it on a pad to apply it. Then I realized, I need to figure out how to clean it off. Kind of stupid of me, but if anyone can send me some advice, i'd appreciate it.

ArkayoDeetayo
03-24-2012, 05:24 PM
put it in a ziplock for future use, bfwd is one of the hardest sealants/lsps to remove

ArkayoDeetayo
03-24-2012, 05:25 PM
*waits for Mike Philips to enter this thread and link his thead on how to remove polish/sealants*

You noticed how hard it is to purposely remove?! Think of how it will protect against something not trying to remove it like rain, think of the protection!

Kaban
03-24-2012, 06:30 PM
i did the zip lock bag theory a long time ago.... it still dries over on the pad and dusts next time u use it

oldcracker
03-24-2012, 07:04 PM
I use dawn power scrubber

RhetoricMixes
03-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Not to thread hijack but isn't BFWD the same as menzerna power lock? If that's the case then I have a hard time removing it from my applicator pads as well.

Marc08EX
03-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Not to thread hijack but isn't BFWD the same as menzerna power lock? If that's the case then I have a hard time removing it from my applicator pads as well.

Where'd you get this info from?

Silverstone
03-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Dawn and a lot of scrubbing got most of the WGDGPS off my pads. At least enough to reuse it. But never all of it. Now I just always use the same pad for sealant and nothing else.

Then I couldn't get it off the towels either. They would always repel water after washing. Then I used Megs APC diluted about 4 to 1 (very strong) and a lot of scrubbing in a bucket followed by a regular machine wash with micro soap, and that got all the sealant out to where they were absorbent again. I haven't tried APC on pads yet though.

SonOfOC
03-24-2012, 09:37 PM
WGDGPS, Blackfire, and Menzerna PL are all difficult to remove from applicator.

Just soak them over night in hot water with your favorite APC. Mix it strong. Then throw them in the washer the next day.

It should be 95% clean. Even then, I dedicate that applicator for that specific sealant or wax.

BillE
03-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Clean ANYTHING that you use for 'sealants' the best you can and reserve them for ONLY sealant work.

Short of a nuke, I've found nothing that completely get them clean.

Bill

Waxmax
03-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Agree...I clean with APC as best I can then machine wash, and label them for the specific sealant used.

RhetoricMixes
03-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Where'd you get this info from?

I thought i read that somewhere on this forum a while back. I'll have to dig and find the link for the info though.

Marc08EX
03-25-2012, 04:12 PM
I thought i read that somewhere on this forum a while back. I'll have to dig and find the link for the info though.

I would love to see this info! Thank you so much! :xyxthumbs:

RhetoricMixes
03-25-2012, 08:26 PM
I would love to see this info! Thank you so much! :xyxthumbs:

I tried to dig it up but found that i got my facts mixed up. Turns out i was confusing bfwds with wgdps, my bad :doh:

dtbernstein87
03-25-2012, 10:52 PM
So I guess I will follow up with my own experience - Dawn Direct Foam Dishwashing Foam actually works quite well. I got the stuff all over my hands and it worked. I also then used it in the pads and then took a little time afterward to just use water to get it out. I suppose you could soak it then to dilute out any remaining detergent.

It worked great!