PDA

View Full Version : Respect For The Effort

oakview
03-24-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm in the middle of a wash, clay, polish, seal, then wax on a Ford F-150 with a shell. I gotta tell ya, I have great respect for the guys who make a living doing this. It's a lot of work, hard work. I did my wife's Matrix last weekend, and while it took a while, a full-size truck has a lot of paint, acres of paint!

Hats off to you guys, both for the work you do and the knowledge so willingly shared on this forum. :)

Perfections
03-24-2012, 04:23 PM
This is true but you get better and faster as time goes on, at least your not polishing out a 32 foot rv that's oxidized lol that's days of fun :) hopefully you'll nab some pics of the truck to show it off, the new f150's are looking nice

Flash Gordon
03-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Thanks!!! The job can seem meaningless at times...

Flash69
03-24-2012, 07:21 PM
I completely agree. While I don't have a shell on top, I do have a 2006 F150 SuperCrew. It's just big.

I have been claying it for weeks now (only on the weekends and it's rained several weekends). The contamination is bad because I had not had time to care for it for over a year. I was using fine clay and it was taking forever. I have spent several hours claying and I am only about half way done. I now have medium grade clay to knock this sucker out!

oakview
03-25-2012, 12:56 AM
hopefully you'll nab some pics of the truck to show it off, the new f150's are looking nice.I'd like to get some pics, but right now it's in a tiny garage with barely enough room to work - keep bumping my noggin on the rafters while workin' on the top. :o

And it's raining - supposed to rain through Monday. Maybe I can keep it garaged and get a couple of quick shots when the sun comes out. I do have some taken the week I bought it - if I've done things right with what I've learned on this forum it should look even better after the last step of applying the Collinite 845. Doin' that tomorrow. :)