PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Microfiber Wash Mitt

Mike@DistinctImage
03-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi guys

Just wanted to ask if anyone here has any experience using the Megs Microfiber wash mitt? Model X3002 (the one AG sells). It's the only high quality wash mitt I can get in my country and I'm seeing some contradictions as to its safety.

Some posts have it failing the CD test while others have it working well and washing without marring.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Tre001
03-24-2012, 11:16 AM
I Haven't had any problems but the car I use it on stays in the garage 24/7

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-24-2012, 11:32 AM
I have two of them and dont have any issues with them while washing my Jet Black BMW's. After every use they are washed in Pinnacle Microfiber detergent so im sure that helps keep them soft.

Marc08EX
03-24-2012, 11:37 AM
I use 2 right now and I have 2 new ones on stand by. I haven't had any problems with them.

2old2change
03-24-2012, 12:14 PM
They have always done a great job for me .

TimmyG
03-24-2012, 12:57 PM
This mitt + CG MF wash was been a great reliable combo. No marring/swirls/etc. Great mitt, especially for the price. I dont even bother with lambswool or other washmitts because this mitt has worked so well for me. :dblthumb2:

Mike@DistinctImage
03-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Thanks so much everyone for your great replies!

I have seen some conflicting reviews (even a UK online detailing store) saying that it wasn't paint safe and should only be used for wheels (crazy right?) and you have all helped show me the light.

Can't wait to get mine and get washin'! :xyxthumbs:

opie_7afe
03-29-2012, 07:56 PM
fyi dont use the cd test, its a pointless test as cd's are polycarbonate which is strong but scratches easier then the softest paints. so i do not trust that at all, remember there will be lubricity in your wash soap.

Mike@DistinctImage
04-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Opie_7afe I have to agree I never trusted the CD test. Not all cd's are made equal as well and we'd need a standard for testing. I wonder what a true test can be for a wash mitt besides getting your hands on a test panel.

Bought my Megs Mitt last week and all I can say is WOW. I have never used such a plush wash tool before. My days of microfiber chenille and noodle wash sponges are over! With a sudsy wash solution the mitt feels super soft and glides over the paint.

I also found it to pull dirt off the paint very well and go deep into the pile. I'd say it does release dirt well on rinsing but because it's white it makes it very easy to tell if any grit or debris remains.

Thanks again guys for your replies!

Mike Honeyman
Distinct Image Detailing
www.distinctimagedetailing.co.za

BobbyG
04-01-2012, 06:47 AM
For the Microfiber mitts out there it's the best I've used to date. As soon as I took it from the plastic bag I noticed it was thicker and very plush. I would not hesitate to buy it again..

You won't be disappointed...:props:

BTLew81
04-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Anyone use it for ONR washes?

BlueZero
04-01-2012, 08:54 AM
I use one for ONR and works good for me. :)

Danube
04-01-2012, 07:17 PM
+1 on Megs mitt, works fine for me.