PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it - 3rd time asking.....

Bates Detailing
03-24-2012, 12:54 AM
Mike - Do you use the 6 pass method while using the cyclo?

I don't understand AT ALL why there is no answer..... I look up to your advice and wonder why I can't get an answer to this seemly simple question?!!?!?

3rd time asking here :dunno:

jpegs13
03-24-2012, 02:22 AM
I don't think he's ignoring you, I think he might just be busy with Detailfest

Eandras
03-24-2012, 07:05 AM
I don't think it is the number of passes that you need to be concerned about but rather the speed of movement of the machine, motion of your arm and finally and most important the break down of the material that you are working with.

Another important factor is the type of correction you are tying to get

Just my $.02

Ed

BobbyG
03-24-2012, 07:07 AM
I don't think he's ignoring you, I think he might just be busy with Detailfest

:iagree: Mike's pretty good about replying but with this weekends activities I suspect he's a but swamped....

Vegas Transplant
03-24-2012, 07:30 AM
It's not personal B&B, there are quite a few threads with a hundred or so view counts and litle or on replies. I replied to waltjabsco's first detail with pics that was 22 hours since first
posted and I was the first reply. I noticed that tuscarora dave had a thread that had high
reviews but low replies. Spring is here in full force and many are out and about TCB, and enjoying nature's beauty , spring projects,etc...

Guests add to view count, but cannot post.
On topic: Just like baking a cake, derivating from the recipe is the norm for detailing. There is no real set of instuctions, just suggestions - that one can choose follow to ensure a uniform finish.

Just rambling, hope this helps.

ScottB
03-24-2012, 08:19 AM
REPORTING LIVE FROM DETAILFEST 2012 :

Mike will be unavailable as in several classes and sessions thru-out the weekend. Please be patient and answers will come early next week as possible.

RTexasF
03-24-2012, 08:21 AM
All folks at Autogeek are maxed out dealing with Detailfest then they have to tear it all down and be ready for work on Monday morning. Cut them some slack perhaps?

2old2change
03-24-2012, 11:55 AM
I don't have any experience with a cyclo polisher but I did stay once at a Holiday Inn . All kidding aside I think between Detail Fest class prep , TV show and AG commercials and a little (very little ) family and down time Mike is most likely stretched pretty thin these last few days. Not trying to make excuses for Mike but I have always found him willing to go out of his way to help and explain anything that pertained to detailing and whatever he didn't actually know , he would research until he had a answer available to share.