PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys stay comfortable?

Pages : [1] 2

Mydnyghte
03-23-2012, 08:18 PM
One apprehension I always have about detailing is how uncomfortable it can get at times. This past weekend I decided to start a fairly in depth detail of my Mustang, and I realized I didn't have a stool to roll around on. So I ran to Lowes and decided to invest in China and picked up a Kobalt rolling stool. Man I am glad I bought this thing, because now I get to go and buy a new, GOOD one at some future point in my life. I tend to just use a thick sweatshirt folded up under me bum and sit on the concrete instead.

So lets hear it, what are some of your tricks to keep the discomfort subdued?

Mobile detail
03-23-2012, 08:40 PM
kneeling pad, a 5 gal bucket flipped upside down, beer, & yoga

Kaiser37
03-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Kneeling pad here, and I try to get up and MOVE every so often.

Mydnyghte
03-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Not sure about the beer, never been a fan. Think Mikes Hard Lemonade would suffice?

The yoga isn't bad, not sure I could hold a buffer and do the downward dog at the same time though...

RTexasF
03-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Kneeling pad here, and I try to get up and MOVE every so often.

10-4 on that. GET UP and walk about for a moment. Trying to prove you're tough guy can result in major problems.

Chris's FX4
03-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Kneeling pad, Harbor Freight rolling stool, milkcrates, tv or radio on, Gatorade, and my trusty dog at my side.

dad07
03-23-2012, 09:06 PM
kneeling pad, a 5 gal bucket flipped upside down, beer, & yoga

:iagree:

extra on the beer hold the yoga for me

Old Tiger
03-23-2012, 09:06 PM
I am old! Kreepstool from AG. Tiled floor, and best is an insulated garage with a ductless Heat Pump. Good lighting and a sSirius Satellite BoomBox!It is my man cave.

Bates Detailing
03-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Im hardcore old school - knees on pavement, polish while bent over, tippy toe polishing type of guy. Now I just hired a guy that is bringing a floral pillow to use for his knees :/ (he's 24) - with that said, I have no idea what to do :dunno:. He is a great worker that brings a floral pillow to work - Do I let him go? Do I ask him to get a more manly pillow? Or do I change our company's slogan to "B & B, the softest detailers in middle TN!" LOL - and deep down I know this man is smarter than me by bringing the pillow lol!

dad07
03-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Im hardcore old school - knees on pavement, polish while bent over, tippy toe polishing type of guy. Now I just hired a guy that is bringing a floral pillow to use for his knees :/ (he's 24) - with that said, I have no idea what to do :dunno:. He is a great worker that brings a floral pillow to work - Do I let him go? Do I ask him to get a more manly pillow? Or do I change our company's slogan to "B & B, the softest detailers in middle TN!" LOL - and deep down I know this man is smarter than me by bringing the pillow lol!

If he's working out good for ya Anthony just buy him a pillow case!

Bates Detailing
03-23-2012, 09:26 PM
If he's working out good for ya Anthony just buy him a pillow case!

LMAO :laughing:

Kaban
03-23-2012, 09:28 PM
I use a small pillow (same thing as a kneeling pad I suppose), a rolling chair (which I wish would lower a bit more some times), and most importantly take the time and learn to keep yourself comfortable with your tools (aka polishers, etc.). I remember when I was just beginning, working a buffer would really tire me out because most likely it was controlling me half the time. Try to get some extra time and learn to control the machines because it makes a huge difference.

Also, don't forget to take five minute breaks pretty often and drink water and stretch out. It can make the difference between waking up extremely sore the next morning or waking up "kinda maybe sore" and also prolongs your endurance and allows you to work longer. Kinda like when you're in a gym... you take breaks between sets, same concept.

Mydnyghte
03-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Do I let him go? Do I ask him to get a more manly pillow? Or do I change our company's slogan to "B & B, the softest detailers in middle TN!" LOL - and deep down I know this man is smarter than me by bringing the pillow lol!

Tell him it must be made out of beef jerky, or he will never detail in your town again.

Bates Detailing
03-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Tell him it must be made out of beef jerky, or he will never detail in your town again.

LOL - mmmm...... beef jerky :drool:

Rav777
03-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Kreepstool and knee pads work for me, and beer (clients usually offer them, can't say no :xyxthumbs:)