PDA

View Full Version : DP 4 in 1 - Mixup for QD -2 Thumbs ^

Pages : [1] 2

ehuth1
03-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Well per the title of this thread how many of you AG's have ventured off to make some of this up per the instructions on the 128oz jug??

Quick review if you haven't. I'm impressed !

Once mixed up the color is orange still
Streak free once wiped with MF
I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and say it's a MUST HAVE!!!
It made a Souveran waxed car completly superslick after a quick wipedown!
Recent customer asked did you re-wax my car? ;)http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/rl3.jpg

Quick Detailer - Per AG website
This is where the polymers really shine. The proprietary polymers bond to the paint as the lubricants allow dust and dirt to be wiped away scratch-free. The polymers leave a slick, high gloss finish that is a brilliant complement to any existing wax coat. Since DP Four-In-One is water-based, it’s safer for you and your vehicle than traditional, oil-based quick detailers. Enjoy the slick shimmer and convenience of a quick detailer without any of the drawbacks!

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1940_144608799

Nuke33
03-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Thats a great idea, do you think adding a little spray wax in there would help at all
?

nick19
03-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Thats a great idea, do you think adding a little spray wax in there would help at all
?
Which one?

I love DP's 4-in-1. I actually put it in a spray bottle, 2oz, and wash my dusted car with it. I use two MF's. One for each side. Beats washing in the middle of the week....

ehuth1
03-11-2007, 10:28 PM
It works pretty good in stock form but...... There can always be modifiers :)

Poly Booster?? I think I'll experiment, heck I got 120oz's left!!

nick19
03-11-2007, 10:29 PM
It works pretty good in stock form but...... There can always be modifiers :)

Poly Booster?? I think I'll experiment, heck I got 120oz's left!!

Dang! I bought the 32oz, and have only used it three times. I thought I would use it more often... I have tooooo many QD's right now, but after a few gallons of QS, and PB's S&G I will more than likely try this out.

Nuke33
03-11-2007, 10:31 PM
I was thinking maybe an OX of optimum car wax but it might streak

nick19
03-11-2007, 10:33 PM
I was thinking maybe an OX of optimum car wax but it might streak

OZ of wax to how many OZ's of this QD?

Bobjones
03-11-2007, 10:34 PM
I did this the other day and boy was I also impressed. I also have the waterless wash gear for harder to clean areas (ie more dirty than dusty) and have to say that its better as with the waterless wash I have to follow with the gloss booster.

I will also be making it up soon as a clay lube to see how that goes!!!

ehuth1
03-11-2007, 10:36 PM
i would think start out light then test a panel, this would also test the application to check for streaking.. I would probably just spray the waterhose on that panel to test the strength of the wax. I know thats not a true durability test, but you could get out some nxt and wash the panel then check the strength vs. just washed.

Nuke33
03-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Id still do the 2 OZ of 4-1 Probably just use a bigger bottle, do you think it would streak or help at all?

nick19
03-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Id still do the 2 OZ of 4-1 Probably just use a bigger bottle, do you think it would streak or help at all?

Sorry, I don't understand your comment. I just thought a second ago you were considering mixing a spray wax?? :confused:

My apologies ehuth for getting a little OT... :o

ehuth1
03-11-2007, 10:39 PM
worth a shot. I'll try and figure something out before wednesday. I'm referring to mixing up a bit of wax enhancer.

Nuke33
03-11-2007, 10:43 PM
I still am just keeping the 2oz ratio of 4-1 and 1 oz spray wax i cant try it out haha, i dont have 4-1 or ONR

nick19
03-11-2007, 10:47 PM
I still am just keeping the 2oz ratio of 4-1 and 1 oz spray wax i cant try it out haha, i dont have 4-1 or ONR

Forgive me Nuke, but I didn't understand your last comment either. 2oz ratio of 4-1 but you dont have 4-in or ONR? So what are you using? :confused:

2oz of 4-in-1 and 1oz spray wax, should work well as long as it doesn't sit on a panel in the sun. Work one panel at a time.

-Nick :cheers:

Whitethunder46
03-11-2007, 10:58 PM
I've tried 4:1 as a QD. I have all 24 oz bottles and added just under 2oz's of 4:1 to the 24oz. bottle (rest of it was water of course).

I just used PB's S&W today. I give the thumbs up to S&W, seemed like it was more lubricated and simply worked better. The 4:1 QD mix is hard for me to grasp, since it's basically all water (then again, so is the rinseless washings, lol).

I still have a bottle of 4:1 QD that I have with me, but again, I give the edge to S&W, probably because it's specifically designed for that purpose.

However, the 4:1 QD is certainly nice since you can make sooooo many bottles of the QD compared to just the S&W.