PDA

View Full Version : Need a seafood restaurant recommendation

Pages : [1] 2

LegacyGT
03-23-2012, 09:10 AM
I need a recommendation for a good seafood establishment to treat the wife on Saturday night, casual atmosphere and really good food are my criteria.

Yelp reviews in Stuart are kind of all over the map, so I would like to get a local's recommendation :)

Matt S.
03-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Conchy Joe's in Jensen Beach!

embolism
03-23-2012, 09:23 AM
make sure wherever you go has stone crab!

MI Mike
03-23-2012, 09:28 AM
I need a recommendation for a good seafood establishment to treat the wife on Saturday night, casual atmosphere and really good food are my criteria.

Yelp reviews in Stuart are kind of all over the map, so I would like to get a local's recommendation :)

Can't tell you directly. You will need to send me a round trip airfare ticket.
I will have to show you directly !!! Enjoy !!!!

Ray@Autogeek
03-23-2012, 09:32 AM
:hungry: I have regular strong cravings for Crawdaddy's in Jensen Beach.

Crawdaddy's - Jensen Beach, FL (http://www.yelp.com/biz/crawdaddys-jensen-beach)

Fridays and Saturdays they have live bands. My favorite menu items are the 'Crab Stuffed Portabello' appetizer and the 'Seafood Picnic', which can feed a small army. :xyxthumbs:

Noise Level: Loud
Ambience: Casual

mc2hill
03-23-2012, 09:33 AM
We ate at Shrimpers last year and it was good. It is in the same complex as Finz, and right on the water with outdoor seating.

mc2hill
03-23-2012, 09:34 AM
:hungry: I have regular strong cravings for Crawdaddy's in Jensen Beach.

Crawdaddy's - Jensen Beach, FL (http://www.yelp.com/biz/crawdaddys-jensen-beach)

Fridays and Saturdays they have live bands. My favorite menu items are the 'Crab Stuffed Portabello' appetizer and the 'Seafood Picnic', which can feed a small army. :xyxthumbs:

Noise Level: Loud
Ambience: Casual

My brother recommended this place too, so I think we may try it tonight.

Meghan
03-23-2012, 09:49 AM
King Neptune is nice, if looking for crabs or good fish hit Gettin Crabby, that is one of my favorite seafood places, their's is always fresh and they usually have a good band.

ScottB
03-23-2012, 10:08 AM
After having Joe's Stone Crabs so close to us in Miami area, I just wonder if anyone else can do Stone Crab Claws in the same fashion ??

LegacyGT
03-23-2012, 10:14 AM
These all look very good, I wish I were in Stuart for about a week so I could try them all.

louie
03-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Conchy Joe's in Jensen Beach!

I second Conchy Joe's - very casual, onthe water, great food and service. Lived here for 30 years and never had a problem over there.

Mike Phillips
03-23-2012, 10:27 AM
King Neptune is nice, if looking for crabs or good fish hit Gettin Crabby, that is one of my favorite seafood places, their's is always fresh and they usually have a good band.

I'll second King Neptune. Casual little hole in the wall where all the locals eat. Wanted to go there last night after getting off work but they close at 9:00pm.

They're open till 10:00pm tonight and Saturday night.

:)

embolism
03-23-2012, 10:32 AM
when I was in Orlando, I wasn't too impressed with the seafood places we tried. Too much salt on everything.

I got a steamer basket cajun style at one place and I swear the spice mix they sprinkled on must have been 50% salt. Had to get them to wash it all off...

Setec Astronomy
03-23-2012, 11:09 AM
It's a half-hour away, but I liked the Juno Beach Fish House, haven't been there in 8 or 9 years though.

Mike Phillips
03-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Forgot about the Food Shack (http://www.littlemoirsfoodshack.com/) in Jupiter, just down the road from the Square Grouper

Best eating in my entire life... don't let the name fool you...

:dblthumb2: