PDA

View Full Version : ughhh overspray!

bova80
03-23-2012, 09:02 AM
So last weekend I had just clayed, polished and waxed my fiance's nissan rogue. Well she tells me when she used her windshield wipers to clean the windshield yesterday it got spots and streaks all over it. I figure the window probably just needs cleaned and it was pollen or whatever. After a close inspection I see her car has bluish-green specs all over it. It has to be over spray from bridge or building painting, she works near the city.

Not her fault but now I gotta do the whole thing over again. sigh, end rant.

Setec Astronomy
03-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Hopefully it will come off easily since it was freshly detailed. Good luck!

bova80
03-23-2012, 09:08 AM
yeah that's the only positive was at least it had a nice coat of blackfire crystal sealant on it.

just bought a whole new set of griot's microfibers and clay from advance (so glad they carry this stuff now) did it online so I could apply $30 off $75.

Kaban
03-23-2012, 10:24 AM
should come off easy if it was in fact recent overspray that landed on top of the freshly applied sealant. If you just didn't look close enough and put the sealant on top of the overspray... you'll have some fun removing that. Best of luck.

bova80
03-23-2012, 10:43 AM
i know I didn't put the sealant on top of the overspray since I clayed in before I sealed it and didn't see the overspray coming off on the clay like it did when I clayed the windshield. guess it gives me something to do this weekend.

bova80
03-23-2012, 11:52 AM
so it seems there is a bus garage across the street from where she works that has a paint booth for their buses. I believe this is where it is from and they told me to call the claims department. Now here's the thing, I don't have a detailing business but I'm confident I can fix it. If I made up a letter head and gave them a quote you think they'd pay for it? I'll probably have to get a real quote from a detailing business.

badredbrd89
03-23-2012, 03:44 PM
I believe that may not be the best route to go. I am old-fashioned I guess, but I just think getting a quote from a real detailing business would suit you better. Good luck!
-Chris

Setec Astronomy
03-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah, you want to get 1-3 quotes from real detailers, get the bus company to pay you, then do it yourself.

Kaban
03-23-2012, 06:47 PM
what the hell man.... i'd raise all hell with that bus company. that is completely unacceptable. Get the EPA over there on their ass asap.

bova80
03-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Didn't do the whole hood cause I didn't want to destroy evidence but in this pic you can see what is clean and what has over spray. it's like this all over the car. just gotta wait and see what they say.