PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Paint Guard vs Blackfire Crystal Seal??

Pages : [1] 2

Bamaboy007
03-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Which one would you guys choose? the 17.99 vs 19.99 price difference really means nothing to me..you do get 2 applicators with the Blackfire vs 1 with the Ultima plus the 2 dollar savings but i'm more interested in which product is better..Does anyone have an opinion on the matter...I'm trying to finalize an order and I need to know which one to get. Thanks

WaxmanRonnie
03-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Ultima. Only because I bought it and I like the results.

silverfox
03-23-2012, 09:12 AM
I have found that to get that "pop" with Ultima, you have to apply more than one coat. Not so with Crystal Seal.

Bamaboy007
03-23-2012, 09:15 AM
sweet...1-1 so far keep it coming

WaxmanRonnie
03-23-2012, 09:18 AM
The "pop" might depend on the color. Darker colors are better I believe. Last time I used it on a darker red, that one coat lasted 8 months.
And the compliments he got were great.

Old Tiger
03-23-2012, 09:54 AM
I cant speeak to BF but UPGP was my sealant of choice until I became a coating convert. I liked 3 coats but I could coat my Expedition in 15 minutes. If it looks a little streaky leave it alone. Corey did a great write up on UPGP application that I put in Jim B.'s Can a newbie reallistically apply Opti Coat? thread. UPGP is a very well proven product. UPGP has a great hard candy look! Best look this side of Permanon Platinum IMO!

Flannigan
03-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Crystal Seal - Only one coat needed to achieve maximum look and durability. Is slightly easier to apply than UPGP, seems to level out better, and is a little more forgiving if you end up with a high spot.

UPGP - If you put in the time to put on three coats you can't beat the look. It does look better than Crystal Seal if you do that many coats, but some may not want to go through that amount of work.

Hope that helps!

07gtcs
03-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Which one would you guys choose? the 17.99 vs 19.99 price difference really means nothing to me..you do get 2 applicators with the Blackfire vs 1 with the Ultima plus the 2 dollar savings but i'm more interested in which product is better..Does anyone have an opinion on the matter...I'm trying to finalize an order and I need to know which one to get. Thanks

I love my BF Crystal Seal! Way easy to use and takes no time what so ever, and takes little product to do one car.

Bamaboy007
03-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Blackfire Crystal Seal has been ordered. Thanks a bunch guys.

bova80
03-23-2012, 12:17 PM
you'll enjoy it. i just got it in 2 weeks ago and have used it on 3 cars and it's great!

HellDemon
03-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Hmm see, people say that you only need 1 coat to achieve a damn good look with crystal seal, whereas UPGP you need 3 coats... What about if you did 2 or 3 coats with crystal seal? Would it make it look better than the 3-coats of UPGP?

Rsurfer
03-25-2012, 02:02 AM
bump Any more Crystal Seal users?

Mobile detail
03-25-2012, 04:11 AM
From what I was just readin, I think 1 coat of bf crystal looks as good as 3 coats of upgp

Webb
05-18-2012, 06:25 PM
For the winter prep,can this be applied twice then topped with Optimum car wax ? What's the curing time between applications ?

Thanks

mg6045
05-18-2012, 06:37 PM
I would also agree that the Blackfire is easier to use and WAY more forgiving in overapplication scenarios. UPGP has a fairly steep learning curve if you own a light colored car. I really dont think it matters who advice you take on application. If you make mistakes on a light color, that sealant cures very hard and is super durable. On a white car, the first time I used it, I basically had to polish all the high spots off a couple days later. they were still there after a wash and quick detail. Once you figure out how to use it, it has some serious durability and sheets water in amazing fashion. but I still have some trouble with it.

I found the Blackfire to be easier to use the first time I tried it. It evaporates and disappears easier (I guess self leveling). Plus you can feel it get slick right away so you know you hit that spot on the panel already.