PDA

View Full Version : My eyes are getting immune to shine?

Bernard
03-11-2007, 08:57 PM
:o Hi guys, I am having this problem rite now. I have been washing & waxing my car every Sunday for the past 2 years now. And since 2006 I learn a lot of detailing. Now my eyes can't seem to see the difference between a waxed car & none waxed car. It seems that my vision & judgement has gone immune to the glossy reflective car paint? Anyone having this kind of problem?

So the only thing I do right now it feel the slickness of the car's paint. I used to being able to see the difference? But now? U guys face this problems b4? Or its a normal thing? Thanks. :o

nick19
03-11-2007, 09:01 PM
:o Hi guys, I am having this problem rite now. I have been washing & waxing my car every Sunday for the past 2 years now. And since 2006 I learn a lot of detailing. Now my eyes can't seem to see the difference between a waxed car & none waxed car. It seems that my vision & judgement has gone immune to the glossy reflective car paint? Anyone having this kind of problem?

So the only thing I do right now it feel the slickness of the car's paint. I used to being able to see the difference? But now? U guys face this problems b4? Or its a normal thing? Thanks. :o

Sorry to hear about this. I don't have a problem. Speaking of shine, tell me if you can see the shine on my car.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/4503-its-bluuuur.html

I have young eyes, and can spot a washed, a waxed, and a swirl free car from a mile.

Nuke33
03-11-2007, 09:10 PM
HAHA i can spot them from far away i hate walking through my school parking lot people take such bad care of there cars and they are nice cars

Grimm
03-12-2007, 07:07 AM

Do you polish your cars? I could tell the difference, but only barely. My main way of telling if my car was still good on wax was by feel as well. But since I bought a PC this fall and polished my car, the difference is like night and day.

Nica
03-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Can't say I'm having that problem with my eyes, where I live you will definitely be able to spot a polished vehicle. All I see around me are swirls and scratches or half jobs. Funny thing is that before I thought it was normal but now I have to look away during sunny day’s lol.

RTexasF
03-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Perhaps you've been using the same products every Sunday and it always looks the same (good but the same) when you are done. Try some new products to see if it makes a difference. Mine always looks good but didn't have that "zing" until I put some Optimum wax on it, then the look came alive.

Bernard
03-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I think it's coz my car is silver in color. Since I polished it & remove most of the visible swirls. The metallic flake just 'pop'. Since then no matter what wax I applied. It makes not much difference. Even if I don't apply any wax my car still looks the same?

But my problem is when I drive around town, I keep seeing all the cars so glossy too. But of course if u go near or under the light u would see swirls & holograms on their cars. So when I stopped my car and look at my car. It doesn't look good, it just look normal just as the rest. Even black color I can't seem to see the difference too now. So now I look at their tyre & rims. Even if a car looks glossy from a distance, u could see if their rims are dirty or not... But color shine wise I can't tell anymore. But my vision is also getting weaker nowadays. :(

Surfer
03-12-2007, 12:29 PM
I can definiltey tell a difference, even on light colors like white. One of our cars is silver and I have EX-P/Collinite 915/which was buffed off with OCW, deep and wet for silver but flake pop like crazy.

Nica
03-12-2007, 01:30 PM
I think it's coz my car is silver in color. Since I polished it & remove most of the visible swirls. The metallic flake just 'pop'. Since then no matter what wax I applied. It makes not much difference. Even if I don't apply any wax my car still looks the same?

But my problem is when I drive around town, I keep seeing all the cars so glossy too. But of course if u go near or under the light u would see swirls & holograms on their cars. So when I stopped my car and look at my car. It doesn't look good, it just look normal just as the rest. Even black color I can't seem to see the difference too now. So now I look at their tyre & rims. Even if a car looks glossy from a distance, u could see if their rims are dirty or not... But color shine wise I can't tell anymore. But my vision is also getting weaker nowadays. :(

Sounds to me like someone over dosed on AG!!!! hahaha just teasing, my dad tells me the same thing but not about cars but life in general...funny how your perspective change huh.