PDA

View Full Version : hand job

StephenK
03-11-2007, 08:55 PM
this is a my cousins green explorer. i dont have a polisher so i did everything by hand so there are still swirls in paint. i know it is not perfect but it shows what can be done by hand if thats all you got. pic was taken the day after. i was surprised to see it gave a decent reflect of house

Megs NXT car soap
Megs cleaner wax paste
Megs NXT paste wax

http://autopia.org/forum/attachments/click-brag/11466d1173664350t-hand-job-mar11_0001.jpg (http://autopia.org/forum/attachments/click-brag/11466d1173664350-hand-job-mar11_0001.jpg)

Nuke33
03-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Looks good

Nica
03-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey detailgod, the reflection dosen't look bad at all. Hey is that your finger in the picture lol....just wondering.

Funny thing is that I used to say I detailed my vehicle before I even touched a PC. Now I look back and wonder what exactly I was doing to my vehicle lol.

I used to be so scared of a PC or any machine, I would never bring any machines close to any of my vehicles but after using the PC I've already purchased a rotary....this place is very much addicting.

StephenK
03-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Hey detailgod, the reflection dosen't look bad at all. Hey is that your finger in the picture lol....just wondering.

Funny thing is that I used to say I detailed my vehicle before I even touched a PC. Now I look back and wonder what exactly I was doing to my vehicle lol.

I used to be so scared of a PC or any machine, I would never bring any machines close to any of my vehicles but after using the PC I've already purchased a rotary....this place is very much addicting.

not afraid to use pc or rotary just dont have the extra money to spend. 4 kids will make you go broke. yes that is my finger at bottom of pic. and the pic was taken with cam phone.

CalgaryDetail
03-11-2007, 09:19 PM
looks good, i can realate to the four kids thing, im one of four. And trust me we are expnsive

the relfection looks nice work esp for without a machine.

btw nice thread name

StephenK
03-11-2007, 09:23 PM
only name i could think of at the time. kids are expensive as heck 16year old son that is into playing drums video games and bmx. 11year old daughter into dance (3different classes per week) 5year old daughter first year of school not into anything yet except trouble and 2year old son. so unless i can find a real good deal on the pc i will be doing everything by hand for a long time. lol

calgary i am oldest of 4 myself. funny thing is me and my brother and sisters were born in same order as my kids. boy girl girl boy. is that a bad sign?

Nica
03-11-2007, 10:10 PM
not afraid to use pc or rotary just dont have the extra money to spend. 4 kids will make you go broke. yes that is my finger at bottom of pic. and the pic was taken with cam phone.

Really that was with a phone cam...not bad cam on the phone. Four kids, in our family we are also 4 and parents were always in a tight budget to teach us kids how to properly manage money. I'm thankful they did teach us how to manage money because it's very important, because of there teachings I'm quite well off and don't need to worry about money expect how to get some more hahahaha.

All joking aside though, the pictures looks good oh and I wasn’t making fun at all, please don't take it the wrong way. Nothing but respect.

StephenK
03-11-2007, 10:16 PM
did not think you were making fun. the phone was nextel 760. i was worried about posting that pic considering it still has swirls and needs correction using more than just hand power. thanks for comments

CalgaryDetail
03-11-2007, 11:03 PM
only name i could think of at the time. kids are expensive as heck 16year old son that is into playing drums video games and bmx. 11year old daughter into dance (3different classes per week) 5year old daughter first year of school not into anything yet except trouble and 2year old son. so unless i can find a real good deal on the pc i will be doing everything by hand for a long time. lol

calgary i am oldest of 4 myself. funny thing is me and my brother and sisters were born in same order as my kids. boy girl girl boy. is that a bad sign?

haha well theres that curse where you kids pay you back for what you did as a child.. my grandma cursed my dad with it :awesome:

I am the seconed of 4. the three oldest are boys and the 4th was a girl.. lets just say her nick name is HRH (her royal highness)

StephenK
03-11-2007, 11:06 PM
haha well theres that curse where you kids pay you back for what you did as a child.. my grandma cursed my dad with it :awesome:

I am the seconed of 4. the three oldest are boys and the 4th was a girl.. lets just say her nick name is HRH (her royal highness)

hrh. thats funny. ok no more about kids. we are getting way off topic. if you want to continue this start new thread and just message me. lol

ltoman
03-11-2007, 11:13 PM

so scared
that's an understatement!
hee hee:D

Surfer
03-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Did that hand job get a spit shine? :D

StephenK
03-12-2007, 12:02 PM
Did that hand job get a spit shine? :D

no spit shine. but i am picking up some AW today. the explorer has flakes and i want to see how well it helps the flakes pop like i been reading that it does