PDA

View Full Version : Who has used the Lake Country CCS pads?

Pages : [1] 2

P1et
03-11-2007, 07:18 PM
I was thinking of investing in the white pad to clean up the truck for the summer.

Are these pads worth it? They seem nice!

Nuke33
03-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Im intrested as well

P1et
03-11-2007, 07:29 PM
The reason I ask is that G35Stilez from Autopia has done some amazing work with those pads in conjunction with Menzerna polishes.

justin_murphy
03-11-2007, 07:53 PM
These are pretty decent pads. I'm staying with EDGE though. Just tried and trued for me.

P1et
03-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks Justin. I just don't have the Edge system and don't want to make the costly move. If the CCS pads are better than the "regular" Edge pads, it might just be worth it.

Stittville Ed
03-11-2007, 08:00 PM
I have both types, just waiting for the weather to warm up.
Almost made it to 40 today :(

Grimm
03-12-2007, 07:09 AM
I have an orange one from another supplier that I'll be trying soon hopefully. It is a slightly smaller size than what AG offers though.

Dieseldan
03-12-2007, 10:16 AM
I have used both and I give a slight edge to the CCS, the polish did spread easier with the CCSs. BTW I think the pads are great but you have to remember Sean is a GREAT detailer the awesome job he did on the vette is because of his skills not really what pad he was using.

yardie
03-12-2007, 11:12 AM
I have used them and they are great pads, only problem is that they are the only pads i have used and I think they are great.

The Edge
03-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks Justin. I just don't have the Edge system and don't want to make the costly move. If the CCS pads are better than the "regular" Edge pads, it might just be worth it.

Not sure I understand your concern. Cost wise, two CCS pads at 10.99 and 9.99 cost more than one Edge double sided pad, plus you need a backing plate that will eventually break and you have to buy another where the adapter cost about the same as the backing plate and is guaranteed for life. Not to mention auto centering, less vibrations, and no explosed backing plate. I think the Edge system is the less costly move?

shadybreal
03-12-2007, 12:39 PM
EDGE all the way for me too!

SpoiledMan
03-12-2007, 12:52 PM
I use the CCS pads and they're nice pads. That said, a pad is a pad. It's the technique you employ while using said pads that will get the desired results.:D

P1et
03-12-2007, 04:15 PM
I have used both and I give a slight edge to the CCS, the polish did spread easier with the CCSs. BTW I think the pads are great but you have to remember Sean is a GREAT detailer the awesome job he did on the vette is because of his skills not really what pad he was using.

I completely agree with you, but I think good materials are a big part of it. He used the PC, the CCS pad and some Menzerna. Technically, if I have all those tools, I should be able to achieve the same results.

What do you think his skills are?

Woob
03-12-2007, 06:35 PM
I completely agree with you, but I think good materials are a big part of it. He used the PC, the CCS pad and some Menzerna. Technically, if I have all those tools, I should be able to achieve the same results.

What do you think his skills are?

Do a search @ Autopia, you'll see how adaptive & well rounded his techniques are. Photos are good as well.

Dieseldan
03-13-2007, 04:25 PM
G35stilez search that name in detailcity/autopia and such and you will see what I mean