PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang painwork polish enhancer

jiverson04
03-22-2012, 02:55 AM
Question, I bought 64 oz of the polish enhancer. I have 11 accord and 08 civic. I wash then claybar followed by polish enhancer selant then wax just for the look. My Question is if I do this every 4 months do I need to use the Polish enhancer every time? It does say it is ok to use with dedicated use. If my paint is in great shape do I need to use the polish enhancer every time or just claybar then go right to the sealant?

Much thanks for any feedback guys

Jeff Feed back please

Mobile detail
03-22-2012, 03:23 AM
If you have a good wax on there you shouldn't need to clay assuming you wash your vehicle regularly. The polish enhancer removes the old wax and shines up the paint which preps for better bonding with your lsp. Its biggest benefit is the remvale of old wax and creating a fresh surface for the new stuff to bond to without the use of abrasives. This step is really important after you polish because some people say polish oils will interfere with proper lsp bonding.

Me personally I don't clay unless I'm going to polish after because no matter what,I going to get some marring from using the clay. Wgpp is good stuff and easy to work with, just try it next timeand see if you Can tell a difference. I know my sealant WGDGPS lasts longer when I do the per cleaner.

jiverson04
03-23-2012, 01:20 AM
If you have a good wax on there you shouldn't need to clay assuming you wash your vehicle regularly. The polish enhancer removes the old wax and shines up the paint which preps for better bonding with your lsp. Its biggest benefit is the remvale of old wax and creating a fresh surface for the new stuff to bond to without the use of abrasives. This step is really important after you polish because some people say polish oils will interfere with proper lsp bonding.

Me personally I don't clay unless I'm going to polish after because no matter what,I going to get some marring from using the clay. Wgpp is good stuff and easy to work with, just try it next timeand see if you Can tell a difference. I know my sealant WGDGPS lasts longer when I do the per cleaner.
Ok well that sounds great I use the DP sealant and put that on every 4 months and I clay then use the WG polish enhancer so I think I might try to just put a nice wax on after the 2 month mark then when its 4 months again I will use the polish enhancer and do it the right way. I just wnated to check becuase it does take a long time if you do it the right way. I spent like 9 hrs to wash, clay polish enhancer, selant then cure and finshed with a nice wax. Thanks for the info..

Mobile detail
03-23-2012, 02:51 AM
Wow why so long? R u doing it all by hand?

Bunky
03-23-2012, 12:34 PM
I would suggest you do it everytime to want to do a "fresh coat" again which can be 4 to 6 months depending on your preferences. It can be more beneficial on subsequent uses (after the first time) if you ride is parked outside a lot where it can pick up grap. Relayered waxes (lots of refresher coats or detail sprays),etc can get tired looking so a fresh start can make it look clearer overall.

jiverson04
03-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Wow why so long? R u doing it all by hand?
No I just bought the PC 7424 xp so I am new to using the DA polisher. I would think I can get it down to maybe 5 or 6 hours if I wash, clay, pre clenser, selant and final coat of wax. What should it take if I wanted to to all of those steps?

jiverson04
03-24-2012, 12:01 AM
I would suggest you do it everytime to want to do a "fresh coat" again which can be 4 to 6 months depending on your preferences. It can be more beneficial on subsequent uses (after the first time) if you ride is parked outside a lot where it can pick up grap. Relayered waxes (lots of refresher coats or detail sprays),etc can get tired looking so a fresh start can make it look clearer overall.
Yea I think I will use the polish enhancer every 4 months and use detail spray in the middle. Thx