PDA

View Full Version : Light Clean Between Poli-Coat and Collinite

oakview
03-22-2012, 02:51 AM
New Ford F-150 with a cab-high Snugtop bought in early January, lives outside. I'm planning on a wash, clay, light polish, DP Poli-Coat, and Collinite 845 to top it off. I can't garage the truck and can realistically get everything done in 1 day except the Collinite. I understand the Poli-Coat needs to cure for about 12 hours before applying the wax. Since it will sit outside overnight, I'll likely need to at least wipe it down before waxing. Could I use Griot's Speed Shine to clean it? Other suggestions?

I want to do this right. :)

BobbyG
03-22-2012, 05:29 AM
Dave,

My guess is you're intent is to quickly go over the finish to remove and dust that might have accumulated correct? If this is the case, then you might be better off with a waterless wash or a rinseless wash then dry.

To get the maximum curing time, apply the DP Poli-Coat early in the morning give it the entire day to cure...

oakview
03-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks Bobby - only thing I have on hand is the Speed Shine. Anything I can make up using household items? Or purchase at Oreilly Auto Parts (http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/home.oap)? That's the only place close that sells exterior care products. I just placed two orders with AG and can't justify the additional shipping cost.

5.4 Shelby
03-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Sppedshine will work fine for what you are planning. I assume you are not planning to drive it in between?

oakview
03-22-2012, 03:19 PM
No, it won't be driven. Reason I asked about the Speed Shine is being worried it might compromise the wax layer bond. I'll be doing all the work using a new GG 6" DA. Used it on my wife's Matrix and it came out real nice. I earned major brownie points. :D