PDA

View Full Version : I HATE! VW Carpet- Or any carpet that stuff gets inbedded in!

ShineTimeDetail
03-21-2012, 10:00 PM
I don't know what the deal is but I ran a Groupon and everyone is turning them in 2 weeks before the deadline- Of course. So I have done a few Volks Wagons, Mitsubishi's, and a Ford transit today and I spent 30-40 minutes just vacuuming!! I am spending almost 3x the time I should be. The best thing I have found is to use my steamer and blow it. 8 bars comes in handy! Still obviously takes too long.

Any other tricks to working with these carpets. I feel sorry for guys that work at these dealerships haha

MirandaAutoSpa
03-21-2012, 10:08 PM
OH MAN...I hate Mazda 3 or 6 carpets, they are cheap and if not vacuumed from the first day forget it. Also newer Subaru Forester's carpet is horrible. I find that brushing like crazy and vacuuming at the same time helps. Or I use my DA with the brush attachment to vibrate the particles out and vac them up. But sometimes it seems futile, the particles keep surfacing and surfacing and surfacing.

tuscarora dave
03-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Have you gotten any of the lint trap velour interior VWs? I cringe when I see a VW coming.

I find the best way to deal with the VW carpet is to first vacuum not wasting time trying to get all the little hitch hiker particles, then use an interior brush (got mine at Wally World) and pull the brush in one direction over and over until the stuck in dirt is all cleaned to the side of the floor closest to the door, then vacuum the pile of debris up. If it's not all stained up I spray a light mist of diluted APC or Folex onto the carpet and wipe it with a microfiber towel then spray a light mist of water and extract with my vacuum.

Kris R
03-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Im telling you. This is what you need. Its boss. Its a tornador attachment for your shop vac,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vIJYYUD9Tg]tornador z017 - YouTube[/video]

ShineTimeDetail
03-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Holy mother of! Where do you get that! That's freakin sweet!

ShineTimeDetail
03-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Not very cheap but pretty cool.

storm100
03-21-2012, 10:43 PM
I gotta get me one of those! I had a deal with living social and of course....same deal. Two weeks before the expiration everyone wants the service. I feel ya!

Kris R
03-22-2012, 07:54 AM
That attachment is the same price as the Tornador black. If you search for the model number Z-017 it's for sale at a few retailers. I hope AG carries it soon.

Rav777
03-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Wow very interested on this item. So it just connects to an air compressor and vacuum line?

Kris R
03-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Wow very interested on this item. So it just connects to an air compressor and vacuum line?

Yep! It's sucking the debris into the hose as you're blasting it out of the fabric.