PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy's QW+ (mini review)

alban61
03-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Haven't seen any reviews of PB's QW+, so I thought I'd do a mini-review. I've had this QW+ since Sep '06, and have never used it.
Since it was t-shirt and shorts weather today (49*F), I decided that it was time to wash both vehicles, since they weren't washed since early January!! :o Too cold!!
Applied PB QW+ after washing/drying. Tried with the sprayer, but it wasn't easy keeping it confined to the paint!! Spotted up the windows, which was easy to remove with just a quick wipe. There was only a slight breeze, and the spray was getting on the trim as well. Didn't clean up easy off the trim or bumpers. Had to use my Armor-All to clean it up. Gave up on the sprayer, and just applied it directly to a MF pad. Spread easily and wiped off easily with Cobra Jr MF. Hazed quickly because half of my vehicle was in full sun. Did not streak and left a nice shine. Basically, a "just waxed" look. I worked one panel at a time, buffing off before starting another.
I thought it would be easier to use, kinda like PCM, QuikShine. NOT!! Basically, gotta use it like a liquid wax. Not any quicker. If I'd known this, I wouldn't have ordered it. I'll still use it though, because I have it, and because I don't have any liquid wax. :D Nothing against PB's because the directions on the bottle give you 3 ways of applying it. I tried the 1st way (sprayer), and ended up finding the 3rd way, the best. 2nd method was to apply it to the entire vehicle with a MF pad, and let it haze before buffing off.
Knowing what I know now, I would opt for Souveran spray wax....doesn't stain trim work.
Maybe PB should rename this PB Liquid Wax.

Surfer
03-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Yeh I have QW+ as well and don't really care for it, doesn't work like AW or OCW, even when trying to use it like those products it still hazes and you have to go back an buff. AW and OCW are way better. It's not a bad product and does look good, adds carnauba look, but it's almost like using a liquid wax, might as well put another coat of wax on lol.

Nuke33
03-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Nice write up!

alban61
03-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Yeh I have QW+ as well and don't really care for it, doesn't work like AW or OCW, even when trying to use it like those products it still hazes and you have to go back an buff. AW and OCW are way better. It's not a bad product and does look good, adds carnauba look, but it's almost like using a liquid wax, might as well put another coat of wax on lol.

So true!! That's why I have 2 bottles of AW in my shopping cart right now, amongst other things. Waiting for Cobra Indigo, and Guzzler to get back in stock!!

MikeyC
03-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the review! I had been thinking of trying this product for a long time, but for some reason I kept eliminating it from my order before clicking submit. Once they released Spray Souveran though I knew I would never order QW+.

Nimble
03-11-2007, 07:24 PM
I found the same problems with it, however, it does look nice after removed. It sure does haze over like a thicker wax though.

joe.p
03-11-2007, 07:44 PM
I have had QW+ for some time and find other products just as easy if not easier to use..its not a bad item,but i would rather use OCW or AW in its place..

alban61
03-11-2007, 08:08 PM
You're right, it's not a bad product. It does look good, and basically is a liquid wax. Like you all say, there are easier to use products out there. I'll still use my QW+ in between PB Natty's applications, when I want more of a 'nuba look. Can't wait to see what AW will look like though.

Ernie Ball
04-08-2007, 06:53 AM
What's AW?

joe.p
04-08-2007, 07:20 AM
What's AW?
AW= Aqua Wax it is spray wax made by Duragloss

sparkie
04-08-2007, 08:48 AM
What's AW?
Enhanced gloss and an incredible “wet look”!

Duragloss Aquawax is formulated to wax after washing in one easy step. Duragloss AW produces a high gloss, durable finish with minimal effort. Aquawax contains no abrasives and is clear coat safe.

This is Duragloss’ most popular product! Duragloss Aquawax produces a deep, wet gloss on clean paint. On an already waxed finish, Aquawax deepens the reflection, enhances the shine and increases slickness. This is a synthetic sealant spray with the gloss of a wax.

Though Duragloss Aquawax is designed for a post-wash touch-up, it makes an incredible topper over any of Duragloss’ polishes: Polish and Cleaner #101, Clear Coat Polish #111, and Total Performance Polish #105. These are all essentially paint sealants. After they’ve had adequate time to cure, spray on Aquawax and buff to a dramatic gloss.

Use Duragloss Aquawax any time to enhance gloss. As a maintenance wax, it applies an extra layer of protection and enhances the gloss of the existing paint protection. We recommend using a plush Cobra Deluxe Jr. Microfiber Towel to buff off Aquawax.

Since Duragloss Aquawax is a polymer sealant, it has good durability in its own right, but it will last longest when used as a topper. Plus, Aquawax will increase the lifespan of your existing paint protection.

Enjoy incredible depth and gloss in a convenient spray-on formula with Duragloss Aquawax #951.
Duragloss Aquawax (AW) #951 (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-aquawax--951.html)
:D

budman3
04-08-2007, 08:57 AM
I would think a thicker product like QW+ would add more protection vs. a liquid spray like OWC / AW. Or would atleast have greater durability. I haven't tried the QW+ but I have tried DuPont's spray wax and I have the same feelings as alban61. It was thick, applied roughly, didn't spread, etc. I ended up using it as a liqud wax as well. OCW / AW are a lot easier to use vs. DuPonts Spray Wax. Spray on / wipe off vs. Spray on, rub into paint, let haze, wipe off. Steve at PBs World changed the name from Qick Detailer (QD) to Quick Wax+ (QW+) because the product was more than a quick detailer and has different characteristics. I would put OCW / AW into the QD category (with protection and looks) vs. the liquid/quick wax category...

Ernie Ball
04-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I take it that AW and OWC can't be applied over carnauba wax. Is this right? I've currently got 2 layers of Wolfgang Deep Gloss and 1 layer of P21S carnauba on my car and I'm looking for a quick wax product to restore the shine every couple of weeks. Any recommendations?

budman3
04-09-2007, 04:50 PM
You'll be fine topping with OCW for sure and I imagine the same is for AW as well... I consider them more of a QD on mega steriods and a good way to keep the just waxed look.