PDA

View Full Version : Have you used Optimum GPS?

duck_commander
03-21-2012, 05:29 PM
I have placed an order for some GPS to try on my fathers toyota camry and my girlfriends legacy... has anyone used the GPS product yet? I'm wondering how long i should keep their cars in the garage while allowing the GPS to cure... i'd hate to apply GPS and then pull their cars outside and it rains or dew is formed on the paint before the GPS has time to cure... Again, i'm assuming there is a cure time since this product is a Glase, Polish, and Sealant....

Kaban
03-21-2012, 06:28 PM
there is alot of talk about GPS. I havent used it myself but I have seen a lot of threads on it.

mwoolfso
03-21-2012, 07:00 PM
A simple search for "optimum gps" yields a lot of information; this link included.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/43570-review-optimum-gps.html

duck_commander
03-21-2012, 07:58 PM
mwoolfso - thanks for the :doh: ..... to tell you the truth, i had that question in my head and didn't even think of 'seaching' the forum threads :xyxthumbs:

Robert8194
03-21-2012, 09:33 PM
I have used GPS a great deal. I used Poliseal before GPS came out. Quite honestly I don't see that much difference in the two. It works easily with rotary or DA and wipes off clean and easy. The biggest problem I have had with GPS is that the spray tends to go everywhere. I still haven't mastered the spray concept. As far as cure time for the sealant component, I have never had a problem and often cover with Optimum spray wax almost immediately. I would be interested to hear from Chris if cure time is an issue. Overall, I love the product but. It sure it will replace Poli for me.

Chris Thomas
03-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Cure time is the same for most sealants...about 12 hours, but you can add Opti Seal or Optimum Car Wax immediately as they use the same tech.

duck_commander
03-22-2012, 07:33 AM
Thanks for your input Robert, and thanks for the info Chris!

silverfox
03-22-2012, 08:06 AM
GPS a great product...but do yourself a BIG favor...dump the contents into another plastic bottle and apply it to the pad as you would any liquid polish (the spray head will drive you absolutely crazy...it gums up, shoots out unevenly, etc)

I usually apply OPT car wax on top right after I get done with GPS...never had any issues in so far as curing, etc. With a MF buffing pad you can get some really decent correction out of GPS.

Chris Thomas
03-22-2012, 10:01 AM
For those who have problems with the sprayer, remember this is a high viscous liquid so you can't just pull the trigger like a QD. You have to spray it like you mean it. When I demonstrated this at SEMA, everyone was like "oh, that's much better!"

Setec Astronomy
03-22-2012, 10:07 AM
For those who have problems with the sprayer, remember this is a high viscous liquid so you can't just pull the trigger like a QD. You have to spray it like you mean it. When I demonstrated this at SEMA, everyone was like "oh, that's much better!"

There's a new sig line--"Spray it like you mean it!"

duck_commander
03-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks Guys... i do have some Opt MF pads i purchased over the holidays and have not gotten a chance to try them yet.

I do not have any OCW but i do have gallons of DG Aquawax... i'm thinking maybe i'll wait the 12 hours and give it a coating of AW...