PDA

View Full Version : chemical guys water spot remover after treatment

nightanole
03-21-2012, 04:17 PM
So I know how to use cg water spot remover, but what do you need to do after you wash off the product? Is the wax now stripped and you have a fresh clear coat to work with, or did it just remove the mineral deposits and your wax/sealant is still good?

Nick McKees37
03-21-2012, 04:21 PM
So I know how to use cg water spot remover, but what do you need to do after you wash off the product? Is the wax now stripped and you have a fresh clear coat to work with, or did it just remove the mineral deposits and your wax/sealant is still good?

After using any type of abrasive polish or chemical polish you should always re-apply your wax or sealant of choice.

If the polish is strong enough to remove water spots and other contaminants, it will certainly remove the layer of wax or sealant that's on the paint too.

SpoiledMan
03-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Nick I think the product he is speaking of is like a wash soap. If its getting to the point of removing the water spots (calcium) then its stripping the LSP. Make sure that you've removed all of the WSR by washing with a wash solution and then apply your LSP.

IID
03-21-2012, 09:11 PM

Personal experience,it will strip the wax/sealant.

ArkayoDeetayo
03-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Nick, the product he is talking about is not a polish/abrasive, it is sort of like a quick-detailer but specifically designed to remove water spots...
and yes, it will remove your wax/sealant as it cannot reach the water spot without penetrating through the LSP, does that make sense?
but if the waterspot happened after the LSP, then if it didn't completely removed the LSP, it would have seriously deterioted it, so I would reapply

nightanole
03-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Thank you, i will reapply after treatment. I wasnt sure if it just was a super softner to break down the non water soluble deposits.

nightanole
03-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Well if anyone wants to know what worked for me:

Do one panel at a time.
Apply like wax, one coat.
wait 30sec -1 min.
All the water spot will pop out for your enjoyment.
Wipe them once or twice more and they should go away.
Hose off, the stuff comes off real easy.
I then washed with a rinseless car wash(Op no rinse) high in softeners.
Then dried and buffed with a microfiber towel.

Paint no longer beads well so ya, it did remove the factory paint sealant.

ArkayoDeetayo
03-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Glad to hear everything worked out for you

Stang Man
03-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Sounds like a pretty cool product, did it work well?

SpoiledMan
03-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Sounds like a pretty cool product, did it work well?

Yes it did. I had some really bad spotting to remove from wheels and lower panels. Took a bit of agitation but the panels came out perfect. Used on glass that wasn't as bad with good results as well.