PDA

View Full Version : Do use a sealant on your windshield?

Pages : [1] 2

Waxmax
03-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Other than Aquapel and RainX, I was wondering if many use a sealant on the windshield...perhaps UPGP, HV7, Reload...etc. Do any create a glare at night? Thanks for any comments.

RhetoricMixes
03-21-2012, 12:04 PM
I use Menzerna power lock on all my windows of my vehicles everytime i re seal my car (which is every 3-4 months). Never had any issues with streaking or glares. I did run into streak and glare issues when i use a spray wax on my windshield though, so ive stayed away from that.

Detail_Dude
03-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I use Menzerna power lock on all my windows of my vehicles everytime i re seal my car (which is every 3-4 months). Never had any issues with streaking or glares. I did run into streak and glare issues when i use a spray wax on my windshield though, so ive stayed away from that.

How long have you been using Power Lock and how do you like it on a scale from 1-10 (best = 10)? Any issues/shortcomings with it?

Shawn T.
03-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Yes I do. Whatever sealant I am using on the car I go ahead and apply to all of the glass. never had a problem.

bigez
03-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Has anybody ever used Griots Glass sealant??

Griot's Garage Glass Sealant, glass protectant, windshield sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-glass-sealant.html)

BWG707
03-21-2012, 02:45 PM
I use Aquapel on my windshield only. The rest of the windows I use KAIO.

RhetoricMixes
03-21-2012, 02:53 PM
How long have you been using Power Lock and how do you like it on a scale from 1-10 (best = 10)? Any issues/shortcomings with it?

Since i think around January this year. Longevity is great and the slickness factor is very good. Its the first sealant ive used besides meguiars line of products and i recommend it to anyone looking for a long lasting sealant. Very easy to apply and buffs off easy as well. I even use it as a wheel and glass sealant.

Detail_Dude
03-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Since i think around January this year. Longevity is great and the slickness factor is very good. Its the first sealant ive used besides meguiars line of products and i recommend it to anyone looking for a long lasting sealant. Very easy to apply and buffs off easy as well. I even use it as a wheel and glass sealant.

Good to know, thanks vm. I had seen a decent reiew posted elswhere some time back, but never heard much more chatter about it.

umi000
03-21-2012, 09:21 PM
I use KAIO to clean-up my windshield and the rest of my glass (does an ok job on watermarks too), seal with Opti-Seal, and top up every now and then with Ultimate Quik Wax.

AeroCleanse
03-21-2012, 09:42 PM
One car has Opti-Guard on the glass

HellDemon
03-22-2012, 02:22 AM
One car has Opti-Guard on the glass
Really now? I thought OC/OG distorts optical clarity when it comes to coating glass? Or was that the old version?

Mobile detail
03-22-2012, 03:29 AM
Does oc act like aquapel and the water just blows off the windows?

BobbyG
03-22-2012, 06:02 AM
Using a sealant or a wax on glass is something many do regularly and have done for a long, long time.

The trick is to CLEAN the glass thoroughly before applying the coating. I use Detailer’s Pro Series High Performance Glass Restorer on a White foam pad. This product works quickly and easily to remove stubborn films and water spots leaving your glass squeaky clean.

Wash
Glass Restorer
Wash
Dry
Apply sealant or wax

AeroCleanse
03-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Really now? I thought OC/OG distorts optical clarity when it comes to coating glass? Or was that the old version?

Haven't noticed any change in clarity.

shoeless89
03-22-2012, 10:56 AM

Menzerna Power Lock is my go-to sealant. I love it! I give it a 8 or 9. Just because its almost impossible to get a 10 in my opinion. :hijacked::hotrod2: