PDA

View Full Version : What products/steps should I take with DA polisher and following products?

wgilles
03-21-2012, 10:57 AM
My PC 7424XP is coming on Thursday (woohoo) and I've been doing a lot of research on AG, but am unsure which of my products I should use in what order. I have the following products, which of them should I use for LIGHT swirl correction and a good polish and wax?

Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #9 Swirl Remover 2.0
PB black hole
PB EX Sealant with Carnuba
PB Polish with Carnuba (blue)
XMT 360 (Corrects Cleans Seals)
Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion
BF Gloss Enhancing Polish
BF WD All Finish Paint Protection
Collinite 845
Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0
Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax
Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax
Klasse AIO

With those products, what should I use for a complete detail with my new DA? Is there anything else NOT in there that I should DEFINITELY have?

silverfox
03-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Congrats on the 7424xp. It doesn't get many kudos on here, but they are a great, long lasting machine polisher that give consistent results once you dial in the right product/buffing pad combos. I would never think of getting rid of mine.

For light swirl situations:

1) Clay the car (DON'T omit this step...buy some clay w/detail spray)

2) Wolfgang TSR with white foam polishing pad

3) BF Gloss Enhancing polish - HT tangerine pad

4) BF Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection - blue pad

5) Wax of your choice (optional)

Now if you had REALLY excellent paint...you could substitute steps 2-4 with an AIO...but I wouldn't unless the car is like new, or the paint is in excellent condition.

wgilles
03-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Congrats on the 7424xp. It doesn't get many kudos on here, but they are a great, long lasting machine polisher that give consistent results once you dial in the right product/buffing pad combos. I would never think of getting rid of mine.

For light swirl situations:

1) Clay the car (DON'T omit this step...buy some clay w/detail spray)

2) Wolfgang TSR with white foam polishing pad

3) BF Gloss Enhancing polish - HT tangerine pad

4) BF Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

5) Wax of your choice (optional)

Now if you had REALLY excellent paint...you could substitute steps 2-4 with an AIO...but I wouldn't unless the car is like new, or the paint is in excellent condition.

Thanks. I forgot to put clay on there, I do have clay and WAS going to clay before. My car is new and the paint is in good condition, just has some Dealer Installed Swirls.

NFA
03-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Personally, I like to use the machine to apply products if I can be done. Of course there are some items where we can't but for compounds, polishes, sealants and most waxes, it spreads the product out more evenly and you actually use less product this way.

wgilles
03-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Personally, I like to use the machine to apply products if I can be done. Of course there are some items where we can't but for compounds, polishes, sealants and most waxes, it spreads the product out more evenly and you actually use less product this way.

I'll have what you're drinking :cheers: