PDA

View Full Version : New Kid

Mike1234
03-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Hi everyone, I am new to the AutoGeek forum as you may have guessed. I actually paid my way through college detailing cars way back in the 70's..
Man! times, products and equipment sure have changed!
I look forward to learning alot from you guys.
And yes my name is Mike Phillips as well....:xyxthumbs:

Setec Astronomy
03-21-2012, 08:38 AM
Wow, this is going to be confusing.

StephenK
03-21-2012, 08:40 AM
welcome. i actually thought it was Mike Phillips from AG just messing around

FUNX650
03-21-2012, 08:44 AM
I actually paid my way through college detailing cars way back in the 70's..

Hi Mike and...:welcome:...to AGO!

Note:
1. Thanks for the "old guys" reinforcement :D J/K
2. Gotta go now...I've got some researching to do on: Genealogy.com

:)

Bob

Hoytman
03-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Wow, this is going to be confusing.

No it's not, it's going to be fun. LOL!!! I think it's neat and wouldn't begrudge the guy from using his real name at all (not saying you were). We all know by now who the real deal is when it comes to paint polishing and writing good, clear articles on the subject. Those who don't know, it won't take them long to figure it out if they stay awhile.

EDIT:

Oh yeah...Welcome aboard Mike!!!!

BobbyG
03-21-2012, 08:50 AM
OMG...there are TWO Mike Phillips!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:welcome: To Autogeek Online Mike!! :props:

It's always great to have another mature member aboard.....I are one of them!!

Mike Phillips
03-21-2012, 08:52 AM

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

I usually join and post under my real name on all forums I belong to, when I came to Autogeek it was decided to use Mike.Phillips@Autogeek otherwise Mike Phillips would have been taken on this forum.

Ever since forums have been around, from what I've seen most people join using a forum nickname, rarely have I ever seen anyone join using their real name, let along their complete first and last real name.

Most of when I have seen people join using their real name or changing from a forum nickname to their real name is after they've read my article here,

Brand Yourself, Brand your Forum Nickname and Brand your Business Name (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/23241-brand-yourself-brand-your-forum-nickname-brand-your-business-name.html)

So to be honest, I am a little surprised that a new member would join using their real name, their full first and last real name and that it would be the same as mine. The last time this happened on a Corvette forum it was a person doing it for nefarious reasons and they were banned and I was sent multiple PM's and e-mails about it.

Is AGO the only forum you belong to?

:)

Flash Gordon
03-21-2012, 08:59 AM
We have two Kevin Browns, two Mike Phillips and a half dozen Superior Shines

Welcome from Memphis

Hoytman
03-21-2012, 09:03 AM
I've been told there are 25 people within my state with the same first and last name as me. There are four in the county I live in and the first 3 live in the same town.

1. Myself
2. My grandpa
3. My dad
4. A guy who lives at the other end of the county who my dad used to work with in the early 70's.

Go figure.

Nick McKees37
03-21-2012, 10:08 AM
To avoid any confusion, I changed your user name. If you'd like it to be something else, please send me a PM. :dblthumb2:

rider9195
03-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Welcome to Autogeek Online Mike!

Mike1234
03-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the welcome and the NEW Name! I also belong to a Buick and Chevy forum. I have a 2011 Buick Lacrosse and my Wife has a 2010 Chevy Malibu.
I have enjoyed as a hobby detailing cars and trucks ever since I was 15. My first job was detailing Cadillacs for delivery. Now I mostly just keep up the family's cars just for fun.
If you ever have questions on how to help children with special needs you can ask me, as for questions about detailing cars....those should remain with the "other" Mike Phillips.

vet
03-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Welcome!